last fill up, more water than gas

Guest Gooz

Out in BFE Illinois on Tuesday. I was riding my FJR, my wife on the 2004 Ballabio. I took almost 6 gallons, her low fuel light was on. Filled both had a smoke then fired up the bikes to go to eat lunch. Both ran for approximately 15 seconds then died. A Harley shop guy was called by the gas station owner and he hauled us home (150 miles). My mechanic drained both tanks and found there was more water in the fuel than gas. After draining we mixed Sea Foam with fresh gas and fired both up. Both ran but not well and now have full tanks of fresh gas with no additives. The FJR seemed to come around quicker than the Ballabio but both seem fine now. Are there any long term problems I might expect from this or is all good? Are there any specific checks I should perform or anything I should do now other than not buy gas there again? Anyone?

I ride out on country roads a bunch, since the price of gas has gone through the roof nobody is buying the good stuff. Gas is sitting the tanks getting condesation/water in it. I started using regular in my EV, it runs fine. I used to use nothing but Hi-Test in it.