O2 sensor in Stucci bung

pShenk

Has anyone here installed an O2 sensor like this LC-1 in the bung on the Stucci crossover? It seems like it would fit the bung properly, but there is part of the frame right above it, that might get in the way. I could imagine it both fitting and not fitting... it would be close. :huh2:

pic below of the bung, but you can't really see the part that might block the sensor.

stucci_bung.jpg

I have the height, but the question is this... is the part that sticks out the same diameter as the bung, er, hole :glare: ? Or does it taper narrower? If it's NO wider than the actual hole, then I might be ok. If it tapers, even better. It looks like it tapers in the picture.

Thanks for the info!

Has anyone here installed an O2 sensor like this LC-1 in the bung on the Stucci crossover? It seems like it would fit the bung properly, but there is part of the frame right above it, that might get in the way. I could imagine it both fitting and not fitting... it would be close. :huh2:

pic below of the bung, but you can't really see the part that might block the sensor.

The INNOVATE sensor comes with it's own bung to install it (together with the whole kit of AFR controler and instrument) , it seems to me something like 7.5mm as Paul states but then again the extra bungs they sell

are shorter to 5mm or so , these one i have used on mine.

:bier:

I have the height, but the question is this... is the part that sticks out the same diameter as the bung, er, hole :glare: ? Or does it taper narrower? If it's NO wider than the actual hole, then I might be ok. If it tapers, even better. It looks like it tapers in the picture.

Thanks for the info!

The hole is narrower than the diameter of the bung that the sensor plugs in and the sensor can go through the hole. The screw bung 'sits' at the top of the exaust. Yep it would be a bit tricky to make the join , it may need a guide to plug it through so it keeps the bung in place when joining

IIRC, all the O2 sensors use a standard 18mm pipe (ie, tapered) thread fitting, but don't quote me on it...

:huh2: