Sloppage sheet photo.

pete roper

See if this works?windage_tray.jpg

Lookin' purdy! :whistle:

Are all the (just eyeballin' it) 1cm dia. holes for bolts, & the various larger holes for fittings, galleries, etc? Just curious; I realize that you don't have time to be messing about with explaining what does what to a bunch of armchair mechanics what with trying to get everything taken care of before your trip!

Thanks for throwing the pic on the site; it's a real bonus since we all know you must be too busy to breathe right now...

Safe travels!

:sun:

Lookin' purdy! :whistle:

Are all the (just eyeballin' it) 1cm dia. holes for bolts, & the various larger holes for fittings, galleries, etc? Just curious; I realize that you don't have time to be messing about with explaining what does what to a bunch of armchair mechanics what with trying to get everything taken care of before your trip!

Thanks for throwing the pic on the site; it's a real bonus since we all know you must be too busy to breathe right now...

Safe travels!

:sun:

The holes around the outside are what holds the spacer in place. The five at the front are the oil galleries for the front main and the clamp bolts that also hold on the oil filter etc. housing as are the three at the back. The six to the front on the left are return paths for the oil as this is where most of it ends up being flung.

The *Big* hole is a cutaway for the top of the oil filter housing and the rectangular hole allows for the *lump* of the oil pressure relief valve and also for return of oil that *slops* from above the plate to the sump.

In an ideal world the OPRV slot wouldn't be there and there would be some sort of scavenge pump at the back of the case, above the plate, to return oil to the sump. In our less than ideal world we have to accept that some oil will slop up through that hole but the plate will still inhibit the rearward slop of oil enough to prevent the oil starvation/ cavitation problem.

The *final solution* has now been engineered by Guzzi for the Griso/Breva models. I've not seen ANY suggestion of starvation on my Griso but I don't think that the later sump can be installed on V11's without a.) ground clearance issues and b.) a LOT more expense. In designing this plate I've tried to give people a cheap, easy, alternative and I really do think it will "Do the business!"

Pete

The *final solution* has now been engineered by Guzzi for the Griso/Breva models. I've not seen ANY suggestion of starvation on my Griso but I don't think that the later sump can be installed on V11's without a.) ground clearance issues and b.) a LOT more expense. In designing this plate I've tried to give people a cheap, easy, alternative and I really do think it will "Do the business!"

You mean, this? engine_09.jpg

That inverted egg-poacher oil pickup looks like an easy bolt-on, so that at least could be retro-fitted to a V11 mill; the barrier defining the "sump within the sump" can be made out in the photo. Quite frankly, I think your sloppage sheet might turn out to be even be more effective than Guzzi's somewhat-less-than-final-but-surely- further-down-that-road-than-the-V11s resolution to the oil-starvation problem for the quotards... ;)

:thumbsup:

:mg:

Dude...that's trippy. :rasta:

How about this artistic rendering (actual application may vary, batteries not included)

sumpwov3.jpg

From how I interpreted Pete's instructions and the image, the copper colorized stuff will hang below the sheet, but I layered it to show where the sheet is, so just try to VISUALIZE it hanging below (below gravity wise, above image layer wise)

FWIW I am sure I missed colorizing some things like the lump in the rectangle, and some of the colorized stuff will be above the plate.

Also note, assuming I followed the instructions correctly, the MotoModa logo faces up...so I flipped the image and if you look closely, MotoModa is flipped, too.

Don't depend on this image for installation!!!!!

It is only to help conceptualize and visualize the process.