cleaning exhaust pipes

Guest Jeff Kelland

Guest Jeff Kelland

How about sharing your secret methods of keeping your header pipes looking good? thanx, jeff :)

ummmm...leave 'em alone?? :P

Just kidding. I used to use scotch-brite pads on my old FJ's SS headers and that worked well. But I haven't bothered to really clean my LeMans' headers other than soap-water when I've washed the bike ^_^

al

I use Honda Spray & Shine cleaner - kind of like Plexus, but I like it better, as it doesn't seem greasy. It works great on all surfaces, and no water is required.

Guest dkgross

Mothers Polish works great, but, actually, the bronze-ish color that my pipes seem to be turning look REALLY good on the Champagne LeMans! And even the blueing doesn't really bug me...weird, eh?

post-5-1053752913_thumb.jpg

Guest Jeff Kelland

Well I guess I've been doing the right thing then, nothing. They don't look bad, the ducati's were covered by the fairing and kind of got nasty looking after awhile. If these stay about like they are I'll just leave them alone, thanx.

Guest gavin

Dave,

Sod the exhaust colour - lets have a better look at your foot controls. Homemade? Shop bought? Coustom shop made? Are they better? & why.

Looks good.

Cheers

Gavin

Centauro controls.... moved the pegs down and forward for a more relaxed/touring/upright riding position. Dave also put on some of the Two Brothers(if I remember correctly) adjustable bar risers to complete the package.

al