Hyperpro Damper

badmotogoozer

Hi all,

I'm looking at the Hyperpro steering dampers now that my Bitubo shit the bed. At the site it lists active and nonactive dampers. I see the difference, but what do people think would work better on the Guzzi?

As far as my damper goes, I always had it on min (still some damping so not quite like not having one at all) and turn it up a few notches if riding hard. I don't want to run without it as I did have one high speed tank slapper that I'm pretty sure it did its job on.

Price is the same so... what do y'all think?

cheers,

Rj

I have no idea why someone would prefer the constant rate to the active re-active speed control one :huh2:

I assume the BiTubo is constant rate, and I keep mine set to minimum unless I know I am going be pushing the ton, and then I give it three or four clicks....but it is difficult to remember to undo it before dropping into a ten mph turn :(

For that reason the RSC makes more sense.

Perhaps some like the constant rate because maybe it make the bike less weavy on steel decked bridges, etc. :huh2::huh2:

From a rider with limited skills, my :2c: I pulled a perfectly good Ohlins off my Italia and replaced it with an Active Hyperpro about a month ago. Why? Because with the stock Ohlins I could not get a "feel" that felt right to me at all speeds. I have about 500miles , maybe a little more on the hyperpro and I am very happy with it. After some tinkering with the settings it feels very consistant, and by that I mean not too heavy at low speeds, not too light at 100+ mph. And yes, it feels MUCH better in the wind and on bridges :race:

From a rider with limited skills, my :2c: I pulled a perfectly good Ohlins off my Italia and replaced it with an Active Hyperpro about a month ago. Why? Because with the stock Ohlins I could not get a "feel" that felt right to me at all speeds. I have about 500miles , maybe a little more on the hyperpro and I am very happy with it. After some tinkering with the settings it feels very consistant, and by that I mean not too heavy at low speeds, not too light at 100+ mph. And yes, it feels MUCH better in the wind and on bridges :race:

What did you do to install it?

Did it simply bolt on where the Ohlins was?

What did you do to install it?

Did it simply bolt on where the Ohlins was?

Yes, its a very simple direct bolt in deal, straight to the stock heim joint. It comes with a heim on the damper. You need to slide the Bracket/Damper around a bit to center it ,checking lock to lock. They tell you to screw it in all the way, and then gradually back it off until it feels right. I'm at 5 clicks out, that feels pretty good to me virtually all the time.