Removal of fuel tank on '03 LeMans

Frank

I just bought a '03 LeMans Rosso Corsa and would like to remove the fuel tank. However, there seem to be quick disconnect fittings from the fuel pump base, located on the right side of the tank, and the fuel lines. How do I disconnect these?

I'll post more about the differences between the 03 model and my champagne '02 model when I get more miles on it but the Rosso Corsa is a better bike then my '02 was.

Frank

Guest Le Man

This is a sort- of -informed opinion. I just sold my Ducati 996 with the quick disconnect fuel lines (both Italian, yes?) On the Duc fittings there was a small metal slide clip that would disconnect the line when it was pulled out a bit. No significant amount of fuel was released when the line was removed. To reconnect just push the male part into the female part (basic), you would hear a click when the connection was made. Like I said, this was a Ducati. I would like to think that 'Guzzi has the same rig. Let me know..I just bought an '03 Lemans myself.

Mike

Frank,

I just happened to take a look at the 03 fuel tank hose fittings. To remove the hoses, gently push the hose toward the fuel pump fitting, while pressure is still applied, push the gray cover toward the hose. This will release the tabs holding the hose on the fuel pump fitting. Please Note, Place a rag around the fitting to prevent fuel spray! and wear goggles!

Take care,

Mike

Mike,

Thanks. I just found that out about two days ago. Funny, I called my dealer who called MGNA. At the time, MGNA wasn't sure how to remove the lines. So, I just sat down and played with them and one of the lines almost fell off. When you know the trick, its very easy.

Frank