sold my tenni # 117 and..........selling options

fernando

i had to sell my tenni due to the amount of continous problems i had with it.

the last straw was getting stranded for 10 hours when the fuel pump failed and then finding out that all local dealers including web dealers where out of stock and in back order .

so , i got one in germany when i did my 5 week trip and instaklled it myself.

then ,3 days ago i went to my place in vermont and the bike ran fine . actually it ran great ,but every now and then , it would vibrate in all rpm's ,,not too good . but maybe just a little dirt in the line ? .

but on friday morning it would not start and after many tries it did but the starter motor was sort of struggling or sticking and this to me was a bad omen so ,after going into a bmw and hd and honda dealerships i decided to trade it in for a harley street glide .

i got a lousy deal of 5 g's for the tenni , ( the bmw dealer offered me $ 6,200 ) . yes i know i could get 7 or 8 for it in e-bay. but i do not want to bother so i took the hit and rode out with the 2007 street glide .which by the way ,it is super smooth in all gears and rpm's .and not so bad handler . poor ground clearance ,28 degrees left and 32 right and i did scrape the footpegs many ,many times , but .....

i removed the bags and the hanging wires ,i also have a bag adapter that you can install via 3 screws on any bag or attache case and then hang it on the wire adapters. will sell all for $250.

also have the thomasville hi risers which look as good or better than the oe ones and are 1 1/2 inch taller and do take a lot of strain off your neck and arms .original 450 plus tax and ship.

will sell this for $ 300.

i have made this offer here and in the mg north east site .

anyone interested e-mail me at

ffb13@aol.com

and, yes ,i do miss the bike ..........i do regret selling it ...........but what good is it if i cannot trust it to go on long trips and the dealers are few and far in between and they have poor factory support.

the bike was sold in vermont and he told me that he would sell it to the new hampshire dealer for sale.

so if any of you are interested you now know where it is.

and, who knows , when i take my new harley street glide to florida where it belongs , and when i come back i may come back and get one of the newer guzzis................maybe in 3 years or so there will be more dealers around ,who knows .

I don't think you should feel you have to justify trading your Tenni. If any bike gives a lot of problems and becomes untrustworthy over distance, in my opinion it has to go. The exception to this is if you can afford more than one bike, and want one for short trips and tinkering.

So far my V11 has been a paragon of reliability, but many are not, and I don't have this super-sentimentality about it that some do. It is, when the chips are down, just an old motorbike.

Enjoy your H-D! Have you the latest one with the bigger engine and new 6 speed box? Even the sportbike mad British press have given the new H-Ds a kind of qualified thumbs up. May even succumb myself one day when I am too arthritic to ride the Firebolt.

Agreed. Sorry you had to let her go so cheap, but I can see the reasoning. That's how I got such a good deal on mine when I bought it, so hopefully the new owner can get her straightened out. Nice pick with the '07 Harleys; I went and checked them out a few weeks ago, and was surprised how nice they were. :thumbsup:

I really feel bad about the Tenni. I've had bikes like that and it probably the best thing you could do in this case.

I do question the H.D. I'm sorry, I've ridden these things many many times, had some for weekends, both Sporties and big ones. I just don't get it. Count me as weird, but I really think there's better options out there, unless looking for the reflection of a plate glass storefront is a main priority.

Ciao, Steve G.

Well I'm understanding the Harley's lately. We bought my wife an 07 1200 Sportster and the sales guys told me whatever I want to ride come on down. Thursday I took a 06 Street Glide out. I have to say it was a very nice ride. Comfy, not nearly as heavy feeling as I would think. If they would take my 03 LeMans on a trade I think I'd do it. I also rode a 06 Yamaha Royal Star Venture at another dealer. That bike has everything including the kitchen sink. Cruise control, radio, tour pack a really sweet smooth bike. That dealer will take the Guzzi on trade.

Oh decisions, decisions..........

Well I'm understanding the Harley's lately. We bought my wife an 07 1200 Sportster and the sales guys told me whatever I want to ride come on down. Thursday I took a 06 Street Glide out. I have to say it was a very nice ride. Comfy, not nearly as heavy feeling as I would think. If they would take my 03 LeMans on a trade I think I'd do it. I also rode a 06 Yamaha Royal Star Venture at another dealer. That bike has everything including the kitchen sink. Cruise control, radio, tour pack a really sweet smooth bike. That dealer will take the Guzzi on trade.

Oh decisions, decisions..........

Fernando,

Being a fellow Tenni owner I'm sorry to hear the news.

I'm interested in the bags you have for sale though.

Please contact me to discuss.

Thanks

Chevis

chevis and demoon

chevis, the bags have the bag mounts

.also ,as posted i have the rear hanger from a bag that fell off my bike .this is good because it gives you the flexibility to ,using 3 screws ,attach this hanging adapter to an attache case ,or a bag ,and then attach it or hang it fromt he bag mounts. thus you can have an even bigger bag than the teknos if you so wish.

but let me tell you that the teknos are fully waterproof and they also expand out . i did a 4 week trip with them and a tank bag and i carried all of my stuff.

i do not know how to contact you.

my cell is 305 389 4047

and my e-mail is --------ffb13@aol.com

the bags are still in vermont where i left them in my house and this wekend i am going uo to get them and bring them back to connecticut where i will be as of next monday.

dmoon,

i had road tested the venture ,or the royal master tour deluxe which is the venture with out the fairing .

before you buy this ,take it on a 2 hour test ride. it backfires , has little power ,some vibration,at times , and it is very boring.........i di like the bike ,but it is boring,boring. maybe this is good . but i still suggest that you test ride it.

also , the yamaha roadliner , if you look at it, find out why they had to use an extremely heavy wheel up front.? it is a nice bike ,but you sit on top of it not on it .

now for the harley..........

i have 800 miles on it .

it is super smooth with no vibration at all except at idle in a stop light . as soon as you start rolling ,it is super smooth .....the smoothest bike i have ever ridden.

also , 98 lbs. of torque and 711 lbs (heavy ) but you do not ,ever ,feel it . i can back it up in my garage ,manually.

also, as you ride you have to keep your eye on the tach because it goes up to 7,000 rpm and you think you are at 2,000 rpm ....it is that smooth.

many times i have been riding for a while and when i look at the tach ,i am at 5,000 rpm.

and ,max torque arrives at 3,000 rpm.

the 6th speed is also nice for cruising at 85 mph.but beloww 55 mph a sort of rumble sets in.

also ,ground clearance is 28 degrees on the left side and 32 on the right side . i have scraped the footpegs dozen of times and when i approach a sharp turn i sort of slow down .....i am still trying to find my way here. if you do hairpin turns fast,or 90 degree turns super fast ,(which we all do in the v11 ) ,the footpegs will touch and you will hear it soon.

on the backroads i had it up to 85 mph and did some curves and it is extremely stable and well planted with no wooble.

on the pike i went from 70 to 100 in a breeze, and it there was some helmet turbulance but the bike was again well planted and steady with no effect from sidewinds ,but there was little wind.

i am in short very impressed witht his bike and after 2 test rides up in vermont i got it ,and the more i ride it the more i like it .

it is also very comfortable and i am now thinking of adding the hd rider backrest to it .

if you want to see the bike go to the hd site ,

click on usa

click on motorcycles touring

click on street glide

click on indigo blue

and dmoon , the harley's are being discounted .not the 2007 ,but maybe by this time next year they will be . i saw a $ 20,000 street glide 2006 for 17,000 at the stamford conn. dealer today.

it is not as good as the 07.

another plus is that there are harley dealers every 50 miles . in florida alone ,from jacksonville to miami i must have counted 13 dealers or more .

and the hog club is phenomenal in case of a breakdown.

also,

i still miss my guzzi and i am tempted to go back and buy it back, i will go back to vermont on thursday to bring to the harley dealer my titlle and the second seat,and the original risers . he is giving me back my williamsville risers and the gorilla alarm.and other stuff i had on it .

we will see what happens when i see it . i fell in love with the guzzi when i first saw it and got it on the spot .who knows ,i may do it again,nut i have asked my wife to keep reminding me of all the problems .

and the guzzi guys i meet all over are just great.

van

i tried to reply to your personal message but it will not send it to you sayong your box is full. i saved it.

anyhow ,

no vibration.

the risers go on in ten minutes

1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inches higher than the oe and a 15 degree pull back at your option ,you can rotate until you feel comfortable.

no vibration is added at all.

no need to replace any cables .it is a take it off put them on installation.

they are made by williamsville .

you take off the clip on and let it hang by the cables

you then take off the clamp and put on the risers and then slide the clip on back in and lock them .

you are now set.

results---- a little more leverage as you enter turns and less effort

no pain between your shoulders after a long trip

a more relaxed riding posture leading to longer more comfortable rides .