Breva 1100 gearbox cloncks

guido

I have now covered more than 3000km on my 1100 breva, and I am very pleased with the bike.!

One thing annoys me a bit, though, and that is the fact that I cannot achieve silent gearshifts.

The box is very nice to use, short precise movements. But, dreadfully!!, it sounds like a 1980s BMW.

I get a clonk shifting up or down from the box, and then another upon engaging the clutch, I think from the shaft, and only sometimes, by pure luck, can i get a silent shift. What is going on.??

While the box on my griso is still a bit clonky in the lower gears the problem has diminished greatly since the bike was new. When new it really was in the 'Dropping a brick in a bucket' category but that has largely disappeared at whatever Km's it now has on it? About 7,000 I think.

My theory is that the clonkiness diminishes as the rubber of the silentbloc type rubber shock absorber in the drive shaft *work softens* with use. I could be quite wrong but it makes sense to me.

Things can, I'm told, also be improved by making sure the TB's are ballanced and the TPS is correctly zeroed with either an Axone tool or the Technresearch package.

Pete