Centre Stand

Guest Easto

Hi,

Does anybody have a set of instructions on how to install a TLM centre stand for a 2001 Lemans? Looking through pictures on here i can see a way of putting it on but what are the two red lugs for. A proper set of instructions wouldn't go a miss though.

Cheers

e

The big tube with a plate welded on each end mounts crossways under the porkchop, and affixes on the right at the brake pivot and on the left at the buttonhead bolt toward the rear.

The little plates link the tube just installed with the frame lugs for the crossover mount.

I'll take some pix later tonight. It goes on pretty easily, unless you have an aftermarket exhaust crossover.

Thanks greg,

I was trying different ways of tryng to install last night.

I hadn't taken the exhaust off (standard crossover), just trying to seeing where it could go, but the red plates confused me, because they are nearly the same colour as the pork chops i thought they had to mount off the end of them or something. Any way i will give it a real go tonight hopefully.

Once again,

thanks

Guest Britcheflee

I assume there is a spring for the center stand? How is it getting the bike up on the center stand/

Please post some pictures as I am also interested in putting this on.

Many thanks,

lee

Yes, there is a spring on it. You will find some pics if you do a search for 'center stand' on here.

I have rounded the socket cap screw on the left pork chop so i will have a bit of work to do to get that out before i can post any pictures.

Easto:

Remove the nut from the backside of the rounded-off fastener.

Here're some brief pix of how to install the TLM centerstand. If you live in the US, Moto Intl. is Teo's agent, and we have the centerstands in stock for both the early V11 Sport and later Sports and LeMans models. I'll take some pix later of a set of new components off the bike and put a "how-to" in that section of this site:

PICT0017-4.jpg

This shows the long crossbar in place under the porkchops. Two tabs extend down from the bar. The back side of each tab is flat, as shown here. This will guide you into installing the bar with the correct side back.

PICT0021-4.jpg

From the right side. At each end of the crossbar is a flat plate extending upward. On the right, this plate is affixed by the pivot for the brake lever. In this case, I have Motobits foot controls, so it is affixed by a bolt.

PICT0015-3.jpg

On the left, the crossbar attaches where the pivot bolt for the shifter goes through the porkchop, as shown below and behind the Motobits footpeg here.

PICT0017-4.jpg

This photo, used again, shows the small red plates in the kit, which are used to link the crossbar to the lugs extending down from the subframe to supprt the crossover. In the kit are pivot bushings and two spacers of different widths. I think the wider spacer was used on the left leg but can't remember definiteively, so you will have to try it both ways to see which gives the proper tire clearance.

Good luck!

This