Reusable oil filters

Guest Brian Robson

Guest Brian Robson

I used to have a Scotts filter on my Triumph Tiger 2001. Washable and therefore reusable. Great quality, easy to use and superb filtration together with a very effective magnet. Made in the US from billet aluminum and costing ~$120.US (this is repaid of course once you change the oil 5-6 times using the Guzzi filter and for those of you who use cheaper alternatives, I think that the Scott beats them on quality, filtration and ease of use).

[url=http://www.scottsperformance.com

They don't as yet make one for a Guzzi, but given that it would require only the inner filter with say a 10-12 mm recessed hex head built onto the end, any interest from fellow forum members may change their mind. I have already enquired and will let you know their reply. :luigi:

Guest Brian Robson

Scotts do not make a filter and have no plans to do so. Here endeth the thread on reusable oil filters

Guest jeremy

Right now I am using BMW oil filers for the new 1150's they fit my centauro and are a little shorter than the ufi item, but if scotts makes a filter for this application it should work.

cheers

Guest Brian Robson

The main difficulty with the Scotts filter is that it is shorter by 50% than the Guzzi item and therefore it may be difficult to get it out come cleaning time, but I will look into it.

Cheers, :bier:

I use a Mobil 1 M1-102 filter on both my bikes. Same size as the UFI but I could but a socket to fit it at Auto Zone for under $5.00. Been using Mobil filter since '96 on my California with 56,000 miles and no problems.