Wierd noise

Ouiji Veck

I have a sound like a leaf stuck in the ol' heater fan of a 64 Valiant comming

from the right front of my motor...only under load so I can't pin it down while

parked. I'm thinkin' exhaust gasket but it sounds pretty "fast" and there's no back firing

etc. Plus no sign of it @ idel or reving while stopped. I'll give the valves a look tonight.

Maybe I got a leaf stuck in there. :P

Been away for a while...missed Pete I guess.

It's one of those Tits, wheels and realestate things. :bbblll:

Guest ratchethack

Jeez, I dunno how only tits, wheels and real estate coulda kept you away, Weej. :lol:

I know that leaf-in-the-heater-fan noise well. <_<

I'd have thought an exhaust leak too. And since y'er Guzzi ain't got a heater fan, I'm at a loss here. :huh2:

But since you've been away, you might want to keep an eye open for a certain unidentified -- and allegedly very dangerous -- individual rumored to be skulking about the Forum recently. Y'see, it seems there's been unauthorized recommendations for marinating y'er entire Guzzi in RLSH in the case of unidentified noises. :o

So if you should get a recommendation to remedy y'er weird noise by -- let's say something such as filling up the airbox with RLSH until it oozes out the tailpipes uncontrollably, like some foul rummy blaggard leaking Pepto-Bismol out the bung-hole, by all means don't hesitate. Just call the funny farm and have 'em send out the nutwagon immediately. ;):whistle:

:homer::homer::homer:

True confession time...

Just a LEAF in my farring...well...a loose screw anyway.

But it wa so loud! ( uh huh...I know...not the ONLY loose screw I have)

I get worse a thousand miles from home.

My buddy once told me "Ya know what I do when I hear that? I put my face shield down"