Rear wheel spacer & bearing question

Guest ratchethack

Guest ratchethack

I know this has been covered ad nauseum, but when I do a search, there are so many "hits" - I can't sort out the speculation and other dreck from the definitive numbers. :homer:

At his last tire change, my Pal's '04 LeMans has evidently suffered the handling of a Neanderthal's touch on the rear wheel spindle torque. <_<

He's got a rooted bearing and I suspect a crushed wheel bearing spacer.

What's the correct spacer length (and tolerance range), and what are the correct rear wheel bearing part numbers - both right and left-hand side - for his bike?

Many TIA

I know this has been covered ad nauseum, but when I do a search, there are so many "hits" - I can't sort out the speculation and other dreck from the definitive numbers. :homer:

At his last tire change, my Pal's '04 LeMans has evidently suffered the handling of a Neanderthal's touch on the rear wheel spindle torque. <_>

He's got a rooted bearing and I suspect a crushed wheel bearing spacer.

What's the correct spacer length (and tolerance range), and what are the correct rear wheel bearing part numbers - both right and left-hand side - for his bike?

Many TIA

Contact bigbikerrick (look in classifieds), he has a munched rear wheel and I'm sure he'd be happy to sell the spacer and even the whole rear drive if you want it.