Tall guys and the V11 sport

Guest tonygs2000

Guest tonygs2000

Hi guys.

I'm 6'4" and wonder whether anyone that big is having a good time riding a V11 sport lemans. Thanks.

Hi guys.

I'm 6'4" and wonder whether anyone that big is having a good time riding a V11 sport lemans. Thanks.

I'm comfortable at 190 cms. A stop now and then to loosen up, and not too tight trousers and its just fiiiine. but I can see that anyone taller than me will have problems with the leg position and angle. Buell pegs will help. Really big guys are probably better off with a 1150GS or something

Hi - I'm 6ft 3" and have no problems with my '99 V11 which still has the standard bars fitted. I've completed quite a few long tours in the 7 years since I bought it and find it comfortable over long distances :bike:.

I'm also 6'3" 225 I have the V11 sport naked and find that my butt gives out b4 my knees, I can ride the bike about 100mi in a sitting. Not too bad I think for a sport oriented bike(clip ons, higherish pegs, no wind protection) I've seen worse, I.E. some ducati's I wouldn't go near! although BMW's seem to offer loads of room :huh2:

I thought 6'3" or 6'4 was average height... ;)

I have all you "little" guys beat at 6'6" :D

As posted by my commrades here, the V11 LM (stock ergo's) is fine for me as well- at least for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours of riding. Then it's time to get off, stretch, take pictures, stop for lunch or whatever.

FWIW, I've found the same "time limits" on my BMW LT and GSA, both of which have more "stretched out" and upright riding positions than the LM.

OK, I'll admit- it helps to be physically fit and somewhat limber...

I'm mere 6'2", which is apparently short in this crowd. Bike came with bar risers that add about 2 cm, and I did Buell footpeg conversion. After doing the pegs my minor "stiff-back" symptoms are gone. Bike is comfy for as long as care to ride, so long as I remember to move about ocasionally in the seat to address the "tingly-heel".

Guest tonygs2000

You guys are all great! This is a great site. So, the bike I'm about to buy, thanks to all the feedback I've gotten from you, is the 2000 V11 Sport with 1200 miles on it which has been idle for several years. It had one owner who paid 10k in 2000 and bought $1200 of acccessories (carbon pipes and a touring luggage setup). Apparently there was a transmission recall (free) which will need doing. What do you guys think of it as a deal for about 5K? Will I love it? I've owned 1150GS' and Honda CB1000. Thanks again!

$5000 US??

That is a steal!

Go for it.

The V11 sixspeeds are fine for taller riders.

If you are not too agressive of a rider you may want to lower the pegs an inch or so.

I find the Guzzi Quota to be a much better fit for my 6'2.7987636" frame, but the Quota is not as nice for Canyon Carving.

6' 3" and loving my stock '04 Naked. They say the Corbin seat adds a bit of height. I will try that first.

Maybe we should have t-shirts?

DW

I think some of us would have Italian cars, if we could fit in them :(

I'm 6'4", and I did have issues with the small seat to footpeg distance. I've got bad knees from decades of hockey. I bought the Evoluzione peg lowering kit, but I think the only option [and probably better one] is to get the Buell footrests.

Ciao, Steve G.