Fuel Mileage On 03 Lemans?

Mike Stewart

Ok, I have 1001 easy breakin miles on my Rosso now :lol: and I wondered what other 03 Lemans or Rosso's are getting for mileage. I have been getting between 31 and 33 miles per gallon and a whopping 110 to 120 miles before my fuel light comes on steady. What does your bike get? And one other question, how many miles can one safely ride per tank on the 03 models? My touring mind needs to know!

Thanks,

Mike

...uh oh... here we go :P

But I'm curious to see as well. On my '02 I typically get around 30mpg aroung town(~40 highway), and got a pretty steady 140 miles before the warning light. So it'll be interesting to see how much longer the range, and better the mileage on the '03 bikes are... if at all.

al

Guest Le Man

I'm at 1900 miles now on my "03 Le Mans and I get a solid 140 miles from full up to fuel light. I have calculated my MPG at 38. (Sounds like Mikey has a heavy hand.) I run 60-85 mph and try and keep the R's about 4500. I have yet to try the "how far will it go" thing, but I am guessing 275 miles? This is good because the years have shown me I have a 225 mile ass.

Mike

... if you can get 275 miles, I will be one surprised fella! :P

Many of us have seen about 220 or so miles on the '02s as the max since we can't utilize all the fuel in the tank. So, it will be interesting to see if the '03 has a longer range, and *can* get to all the fuel without crazy "wiggling" to get the fuel to slosh over to the pickup side :lol:

Anyone run one dry yet?

^_^

al

Guest Le Man

You will have to find another fuel range dummy. Based on what you say I know myself well enough to know I'll be in a full sweat @ 175 miles...I hate to run out of fuel!!

Mike

:lol: .....yeah I know, I finally took a gas can strapped to back of my old FJ to find it's range. I ran out in the middle of the desert somewhere in Nevada :P

al

Al, I hope the gas can was full! :homer:

Mike