rubbers

kjrowe

Hi there looking for some insight. I have had the rubber mounts between the instument panel and the supporting bracket give way. one has broken the other two have had the metal screws pull away from the mounts. So yes i can replace them but this will be the 2nd time and unless there is a strong glue (i have tried this) is there any advice :luigi:

Hi there looking for some insight. I have had the rubber mounts between the instument panel and the supporting bracket give way. one has broken the other two have had the metal screws pull away from the mounts. So yes i can replace them but this will be the 2nd time and unless there is a strong glue (i have tried this) is there any advice :luigi:

Hi'ya!!

....hmmmm :( same problem for me, my rear rubber mount broke this summer during on a very bumpy and fast ride between Lyton and Spences Bridge this summer, l figured l'd try some sort of glue this winter to fix ?? :luigi:

so l'm in the same boat !

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I finally drilled all the way through the whole mess and made a

stainless steel, rubber, washer, screw, nut sandwich of the whole thing.

I was running my friends out of zip ties...had to do something....works like a charm.

Those Beemer boys get a lot of milage out of me every time something falls off or apart on the Guzzi.

I finally drilled all the way through the whole mess and made a

stainless steel, rubber, washer, screw, nut sandwich of the whole thing.

I was running my friends out of zip ties...had to do something....works like a charm.

Those Beemer boys get a lot of milage out of me every time something falls off or apart on the Guzzi.

I've made the same repair. I also ride a Beemer so I'll call this fix an improvement....

It also gives you a means to tighten down if needed after a few more bumpy roads. The Guzzi replacement will fail again and costs to much!

:mg:

• 2 weeks later...

I've made the same repair. I also ride a Beemer so I'll call this fix an improvement....

It also gives you a means to tighten down if needed after a few more bumpy roads. The Guzzi replacement will fail again and costs to much!

:mg:

this is great thanks I had the thought of doing that but a mate said that it would make the whole panel vibrate too much so i'll have ago once again thanks :bier:

• 4 months later...

:rasta:

this is great thanks I had the thought of doing that but a mate said that it would make the whole panel vibrate too much so i'll have ago once again thanks :bier:

well tried different glues all came apart so eventually got new rubbers and fitted. I have not had any trouble since! i have softened the suspension so maybe that was the prob in the 1st place. just had 20000 service and all is well have been looking for more pleasure machines but have only come across the #7 still looking.