Vent line/overflow line

Garsdad

I have removed the charcoal canister from under the Tenni, plugged the nipples on the throttle bodies (I'll put some brass plugs in there as soon as I find some the right size)... now I'm not sure what to do with the line from the tank.

What I would like to do is run a line from the vent (that used to go to the canister) and a line from the over-flow to a "Y" fitting, and then plug that fitting into the over-flow line routed to the bottom of the bike. That way, when I have to remove the tank again, I can easily disconnect both lines from the bike without having to fish around under the tank. That's what led me here to begin with- the last person to take off the tank didn't get the over-flow line back on all the way, so if I parked in the sun with a near-full tank fuel would drip all over my engine.

Is there anything wrong with doing this? I don't want to assume I have a vent line that actually was under vacuum or something.

Thanks,

Garsdad

Just leave the hose off :huh2: you don't need it and UK / Euro bikes only have the drain line.

There shouldn't be loss of fuel through the drain hose, except when you're filling at the pump with the cap open and splash petrol about. Otherwise it should be water draining.

A littlt bit of fuel splash/drip doesn't do much harm anyway.

I would be a little wary of leaving it off completely only because I have gotten gas in the summer when the fuel is cooler due to underground storage, only to have it expand and leak out the overflow/vent. I guess I would rather have dripping from a hose out the bottom than onto the engine or transmission. On my old Hondas, that ended up coming out the fuel cap and running all over the gas tank. Not good.

The Y connection sounds like a good idea to me. Both lines would be going to the bottom of the bike anyway. Providing an easy location to pull it apart seems pretty logical.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

I would be a little wary of leaving it off completely only because I have gotten gas in the summer when the fuel is cooler due to underground storage, only to have it expand and leak out the overflow/vent.

It's not the overflow, it's the other (redundant) pipe that the query is about.