Looking for an Exhaust upgrade....

Crooz

OK fellow members... I need to tap into you wonderous fountains of wisdom once again.

What are my options for upgrading my factory exhaust system on my 2002 LeMans?

Althought it only has 4300 miles on it the pipes from the engine to the cans are tarnished and rough looking. I would like to improve this as well as possibly upgrade to Carbon Fiber cans or something more attractive.

What are my options both new and used, and where can new items be purchased at reasonbile prices?

Thanks...

a search would do you wonders, there is also an FAQ for it

but to give you the cliff notes FastbyFerracci make some good pipes(I have them they are the loudest "mufflers") MG makes Ti pipes but they are NOT cheap or easy to mount I hear. Really the best bet is Mistral cans they have oval rounds Alum and CF, Gianelli makes some nice pipes but they again are pricey. How much you thinking of spending and maybe you can go from there. expect to spend $700 for a set thats the cheapest around they don't make cheap cans for Guzzi's and good ones are $1400, if you want carbon you could also get some stock CF ones and core the cans :huh2:

Crooz, I put a set of M4 mufflers on the LeMans. I got them from MPH. They sound great. Funny thing was, they started off a bit loud. After a little carbon built up inside, (I suppose), they have a deep growl and, like I said, sound grrrrrrrreat! :bike:

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

Guest Roadslayer

attn. CROOZ. In '03 I settled on Mistrals. I ordered FBFs upon purchase of my '02 LeMans. After two months waiting I called Ferracci to ask where they were. He said they were having problems with the manufacturer and couldn't estimate when mine would arrive. So I cancelled the $900 order, called Moto I and bought their $500 Mistrals that were sitting on the shelf. Two days later they arrived and thirty minutes after that they were installed,by me, and down the road I went. Been happy ever since. "Cheers" Roadslayer :rasta:

Since I have 3 bike to support, and a daughter in college currently... I believe I'll just look into getting the factory pipes (not the cans) refinished with some sort of heat coating. That should be way less exspensive.

Since I have 3 bike to support, and a daughter in college currently... I believe I'll just look into getting the factory pipes (not the cans) refinished with some sort of heat coating. That should be way less exspensive.

If you mean the factory titanium pipes with the Eagle logo on them

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...tanium&st=0

that came with the extra ECU then this is BIG bucks more than $1300 new.

More about exausts here

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=Titanium

Guest Roadslayer

attn. CROOZ. If you are the 'no buck a problem' sitch' then by all means,go with the FBF or 'Carbo Thingies', but if you're trying to save 50 cents then Mistrals might be the way to go.....Just a thought. "Cheers" Roadslayer :huh2: