Headlight Bulb shroud detached

Gregg

I was doing my weekly inspection/bolt tighten on the bike (a 2000 V11 Sport) on the weekend and found that the bulb shroud in the headlight had come loose and is lying in the inside of the reflector. I had done a very rough road ride about 2-3 weeks ago and imagine it has come loose & dropped after the bashing it received.

Can this be clipped back in ?

I have yet to pull the fairing off and take the headlight apart.

Will the glass lens seperate from the reflector or am I looking at a new headlight insert ?

If so I may investigate a after market car QI insert as I imagine the original Guzzi one will cost many $.

Has anyone had experience of either refitting the bulb shroud or if this is not possible fitting a new semi-sealed beam car unit in place of the whole light ?

Thanks

Gregg

I think you're looking at a new headlight insert. Same thing happened to my '01, but it was repaired under warranty.

I would remove the shroud as soon as possible, to keep it from scraping all the paint off the inside of the reflector housing. I think some folks have just run the lamp without the insert. I'm sorry- I don't remember. Do a search, though, as I'm sure it has been covered as some length.

I think you're looking at a new headlight insert. Same thing happened to my '01, but it was repaired under warranty.

I would remove the shroud as soon as possible, to keep it from scraping all the paint off the inside of the reflector housing. I think some folks have just run the lamp without the insert. I'm sorry- I don't remember. Do a search, though, as I'm sure it has been covered as some length.

Mine broke off after a rough ride before I installed the heavier fork springs. I just took it out and don't miss it.

dk

It is pretty easy to remove the shroud, just remove all the clips and then pry the lens off the reflector. It is not glued on as I originally thought when I used pliars to force the shroud through the little hole :doh::homer:

Anyway, the light is better with no shroud...just potentially more blinding to oncoming vehicles....but not in a big way, so don't worry, be happy.

It is pretty easy to remove the shroud, just remove all the clips and then pry the lens off the reflector. It is not glued on as I originally thought when I used pliars to force the shroud through the little hole :doh::homer:

Anyway, the light is better with no shroud...just potentially more blinding to oncoming vehicles....but not in a big way, so don't worry, be happy.

:homer: Too late, I have forced the shroud out through the bulb hole, like doing keyhole surgery with a set of duck nosed pliers. I had a look at the glass side and decided I was too likely to crack the thing, so went the hard way. Not one of the most enjoyable jobs I have done on the Guzzi !

I am always happy when I am on the bike ! :thumbsup:

And now you have proven to have the skill to be a locust abortion technician :bier:

Were you schoolled by the Bulb Hole Surfers?

200px-ButtholeSurfersLocustAbortionTechnician.jpg

I think I could now actually become a professional flea g-spot massager and probably have the equipment size to justify the title.