Technical knowledge ???

Crooz

Guest ratchethack

Thanks Ratchet.

I guess when someone told me the Stucchi was heavy, they meant robust, not heavy.

My apologies.

But I swear someone posted a disappointing dyno of the OEM LaFranconi's with the Stucchi....I just can't find it. :huh2:

Dave, you might've been thinking of the gauge of tubing used. I posted once that the Stucchi is made of heavier gauge stainless than the stock unit. The OEM unit has considerably more complexity and more sheet metal, both by surface area and by weight, more welds, and an internal baffle of perforated steel.

If y'er lookin' f'er a dyno of an open airbox or other kinds of mods combined with Stucchi crossover and OEM LaFranc's, all bets are off. Apples to apples. . . . . . -_-

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, you might've been thinking of the gauge of tubing used. I posted once that the Stucchi is made of heavier gauge stainless than the stock unit. The OEM unit has considerably more complexity and more sheet metal, both by surface area and by weight, more welds, and an internal baffle of perforated steel.

If y'er lookin' f'er a dyno of an open airbox or other kinds of mods combined with Stucchi crossover and OEM LaFranc's, all bets are off. Apples to apples. . . . . . -_-

Heavier gauge is probably what they meant. :)

I guess I found the dyno, from MotoGuzzinix

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/lofiversio....php/t7429.html

But keep in mind he made the OEM LaFranconi free-er flowing (to the tune of 3HP) before dynoing it with the Stucchi.

For him the Stucchi was not really beneficial.

But tuning and dynos is strange stuff.

Jaap's Mistral crossover dyno results are strangely very different than that of people in the US :huh2:

?? What are you expecting to see ?? :huh:

How big the crossover holes are.

As BFG suggested, there's nothing on the inside of the Stucchi that can't be seen from the outside, other than carbon black. :huh2:

I havn't seen one in the flesh yet, so I have'nt a clue.Anyone got a :pic:

How big the crossover holes are.

Someone took a photo of a Mistral crossover cut open and it was very surprising how small the crossover holes were.

The OEM crossover is pretty wide open.

I'd love to see the Stucchi cut open, but I doubt we'll have any volunteers.

The Mistral and OEM had room for improvement, but the Stucchi appears to be as good as it gets.

TPS voltage .... pdf attachmentid=6026

What manual is that? Is the whole manual available for download?

What does Chapter 20 say?

The Stucchi is probably somewhere around half the weight of the stock crossover box.

Ratchet, I know you ride real slow :lol: but your MG box couldn't have been that caked-up with carbon!

There's not that big a difference. I measured :nerd: the oe box at 6lb and the Stucchi at 5lb.

I guess when someone told me the Stucchi was heavy, they meant robust, not heavy.

Well, it's not light! The Stucchi is both robust and heavy. The stocker just happens to be (ugly and) heavier.

If you mean you haven't seen the Stucchi at all, I did have a picture on the site here somewhere. I'll have a look and re-post it.

found here

post-890-1110838197.jpg

post-890-1110838220.jpg

What manual is that? Is the whole manual available for download?

What does Chapter 20 say?

1 V11 Manual

2. Nope

3.About synchronisation but briefly injector coild and sencors , promptiong to other sections, ect.ect.

The synchronisation has been covered in the forum much better and more extencive than in the book,

it only mentions to have the throtle position at 3.2-3.6 deg, oil temp. at 80C'

and measure the CO trim to 3-3.5%motr idle, at the exaust and rim with the diagnostic software,or the trim potentiometer of the ECU.

Guest ratchethack

Ratchet, I know you ride real slow :lol: but your MG box couldn't have been that caked-up with carbon!

There's not that big a difference. I measured :nerd: the oe box at 6lb and the Stucchi at 5lb.

Damn, BFG -- I thought I'd really gotten away with something. If y'er right, to quote meself, I was "probably somewhere around" 2 pounds off -- and that's a whopping 33.3%. . . . . I just can't get A THING by you. :homer::whistle:;)

Damn, BFG -- I thought I'd really gotten away with something. If y'er right, to quote meself, I was "probably somewhere around" 2 pounds off -- and that's a whopping 33.3%. . . . . I just can't get A THING by you. :homer::whistle:;)

three pounds is 66.667% of five pounds, making 33.333% being roughly the correct difference.

But five pounds is 166.667% of three pounds, making 66.667% being roughly the correct difference.

So the correct answer, assuming BFG can work a scale and remember numbers, is 66.667% more than your answer.

It is all relative...