Wow!

k7qz

Looks like they decided to revert back to the apperence and single sided swingarm of the 998 and abandon the features and style of the 999. I for one like the way it looks.

Meh. <_<

Looks too Japanese to me. Not seeing the Italian soul in it. I'm sure it rides and goes like a bat out o'hell, but visually it just ain't doing it for me...

Totally agree with you.

In my opinion they have tried to come back to the 916 style, but without success.

Anyway, the very first test in Monza on http://www.motociclismo.it/

Well, I like it. It seems to need no excuse to be weaker than the competition like the older ducs. If they got the weight down to 171 kg really, they have made progress. And the usa prices I've seen, look lower than the 999, that would be great, instead of getting more expensive each version.

Now if we can have the same price/weight/power development at Guzzi...

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that...

Cosmetics aside, what really caught my eye was the stated 381 pounds ! That would be some power-to-weight ratio-

Probally adopted the same measuring standards of the Japanese manufacture's. Thats bound to get the wieght of anything down.

THIS is Italian Design: Build it MG (strada).

mgs01_01.jpg

street lagal, same styling cues and performance, If I have the money I WOULD buy it. So would many others they need to get more of the extremes of riding to stay competitive, the norge is a good start now just need something on the other end. :grin:

I like it- I bet it looks even better in the flesh- Ducatis always do.

Japanese? What planet are you guys on? Tell me how many Jap bikes have a trellis frame, beautiful single sided swinging arm, and an L twin motor and are finished in that deep red colour???

Its true that Japanese sports bike design has improved over the years, but that is because they have been influenced by Italian design.

Bet it goes like a bastard as well as looking great.

Guy :helmet: