Slippery new leather pants

Mike Stewart

I bought a new set of Dainese leather pants and now have a hard time riding due to sliding around on the saddle. Every time I brake or accelerate, I slide into the tank or slide back on the saddle. Just not like my old pair of Vansons. What can I do to get rid of the slipping woes? I have a track day in three weeks.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest dkgross

gotta get them pups broken in.

Here's what I did when I bought my Vansons last year...I waited until a VERY hot day..got up around 10, stood in the front yard as my wife hosed me down while wearing the leathers till they were pretty saturated (AND HEAVY!!!!!), then got on the bike and rode and rode and rode and rode and rode until they were dryed out.

The fit me smoothly and snugly every since. I treated them well with Vansons Leather Balm that night, and do so about every 3 months. wheeee.

stood in the front yard as my wife hosed me down while wearing the leathers

I'm sorry- that's just a wonderful mental image :lol: I bet your wife enjoyed it too!

Reminds me of when I was a kid, coming home from playing in the fields. My mother would hose me off before letting me in the house. Typical boy-child.

It may not look as nice, but could you scuff up the leathers with some fine grit sandpaper?

Cheers,

Jason

Dave has a good point. Once broken in, they'll be better for you. I taught a sidecar safety course in three days of rain when my Vanson jacket was new. By the end of the ride home it had dried on me and fits like a glove since! That did the trick!