IF you already own one of these (or more)

Though the below are NOT any kind of silly remark or hill-bill chat I post it here as of not Guzzi relevant, but it could be , cause owning all these pieces one could have a serious chair in Guzzi.

Don't get me wrong but rarrities have big value, such as this one

LANGE & SÖHNE 18kt

Well me gran gran pa didn't like to buy some of these when they were out ,but I guess nothing could have gained so much value over the years.

Definatelly as value as this one got from '72 as only 38 pieces were produced.

PATEK PHILIPPE 18kt

This one is an older , but I wouldn't mind if I already had it instead fo the above.

PATEK PHILIPPE 18kt

Yep that darn gold stays in time :angry: , don't you think-?

And here are some ''cheaper'' ones IWC 18kt ,UNION GLASHÜTTE

not so long ago...PATEK PHILIPPE 1994

Anyways how diffucult is to invest on some things that over the years take value? It is a risk , only time and luck can tell.

And don't get me wrong I mean the value they had back then compared to now, for sure their cost wasn't that much back then(few , or more years) In this case , time is an investment if one could have such pieces when they first came out.

Yup. Hard to foresee what today will be worth money in the future.

I remember as a kid destroying Wayne Gretzky rookie cards. Sticking them in spokes, throwing against the wall, starting fires etc. Nobody liked him, too small to play in the NHL, never hit, never fought etc. You couldn't trade them to anyone then. Now (last time I checked) they were worth $1500 US each. I must have wrecked $100K worth of them.

Of course part of the reason they are so valuable now is that so many were destroyed back then... who knew he would become the greatest player ever to play the game.

Rj

Yup. Hard to foresee what today will be worth money in the future.

I remember as a kid destroying Wayne Gretzky rookie cards. Sticking them in spokes, throwing against the wall, starting fires etc. Nobody liked him, too small to play in the NHL, never hit, never fought etc. You couldn't trade them to anyone then. Now (last time I checked) they were worth $1500 US each. I must have wrecked $100K worth of them.

Of course part of the reason they are so valuable now is that so many were destroyed back then... who knew he would become the greatest player ever to play the game.

Rj

Basic rule of a thumb I have understood over the years is: 'Don't break anything , or at least you should have a spare'

Yes it's really hard to forsee.

Now, c024.gif If I get one of these in some years time (20 ) will be able to have multiple value of what it is now. Vey few made, very perfect, very exclusive,tourbilon movement, and it has a perhaps never seen before (with even the week of the year as well in) perptual calendar +chronograph !!!!..amazing.. c024.gifc024.gifc024.gifc024.gif

Now, c024.gif If I get one of these in some years time (20 ) will be able to have multiple value of what it is now. Vey few made, very perfect, very exclusive,tourbilon movement, and it has a perhaps never seen before (with even the week of the year as well in) perptual calendar +chronograph !!!!..amazing.. c024.gifc024.gifc024.gifc024.gif

I was very tempted but in the end went for this under £15GBP. It tells the time and that's it, in 20 years time it will be worth nothing, infact it's not worth much more now.

IMG_0386.jpg

I could ask how a watch could possibly be worth a year of my (work) time, but I know what some will say about my net contribution to the economy. I know about market forces and people getting their "worth" but sometime it seems obscene. I know they have to by things like this so it cascades back down etc

I'm not bitter, if I wanted to make money I wouldn't have gone into a "public service" profession.

That's my :2c: but you can only see it, I can't afford to part with it :)

I know about market forces and people getting their "worth" but sometime it seems obscene.

In fact it is stupid, .Not my game anyways really,but that's how it goes anyways

I'm not a watch collector and it is very unlikely to become one.I like using what I have , not just collecting them that's so stupid.

Though for me,down at personal preference, it's more than just looking at the time , I want something to have it for a lifetime excellent performing and perfcet looking, so I have a Breitling at my wrist,it's more like an instrument than just a watch.

It's only a matter of taste actually , it is like wine, I'd mostly enjoy drinking a nice Brunello di Montalcino than a cheap production one and I can feel the difference (because there is one).

And my moto (at least to myself) is: ''See it as you like but don't get crazy or too serious about it'' :)