Cross posting a serious problem from MGNOC list

callison

I had a chat to the local Guzzi guru and he said the new sumps do pick up from the very bottom of the sump. Whist he siad the bikes might well be loosing oil preasure he seamed to think it wasn't due to the oil pump pickup not picking up from the bottom of the sump. If the solution was so stupidly simple Guzzi surely would of fixed this buy now as this sump firt appeared on the Sport 1100i's and RS Daytona's funnily enough I havn't heard of someone cooking a bottom end on ethier if these models other than when the filter blew its seal and spun off. The guy then rode home 30km's put me off using anything else but UFI filters. Make no mistake some of these machines get ridden really hard but has anyone else heard of the earlier models cooking thier bottom ends?

Guest jeremy

I have a Centauro with the rs engine and the fix for that motor is to run the oil Over the full line on the dipstick. I usually put in 3 3/4 quarts when I change the oil with no negative effects. I can't say try this on yours but its better than losing oil pressure. :huh2: