Guzz performance ECU?

ShiftyAl

I am interested in buying the Guzzi Titanium exhaust kit from another member here on the forum, but I have a 2000 V11 and his kit is for a 2003 (I believe). He doesn't want to seperate the kit and is offering the set up at a cost that is almost within my budget, but I don't want to buy parts I can't use. I obviously would only like to use the exhaust since I heard that the ECU isn't compatible with my bike.

First; Is it true that it isn't compatible on my bike without the front crossover the later models have?

Second; Is there anyone on here that would like to purchase the spare tuned 2003 ECU from me or would any of you like to tell me what you think I could sell the ECU for on ebay once I purchase the whole kit?

Thanks, Alan

I don't know about the compatability.

Tuneboy should allow you to convert the ECU to or from Ti ECU.

I tried my setup with the Ti ECU mappings and it did not run well at lower rpms.

FWIW, I sold an ECU to Carl A. for $125 US and then bought it back from him for the same price :cheese:

I have seen the equivalent Ducati ECU asking for $600 and also selling for as little as $50.

I think $100-150 is fair.

Anyone wanting one of Cliff's ECUs may want the extra ECU to modify.

I don't know about the compatability.

Tuneboy should allow you to convert the ECU to or from Ti ECU.

I tried my setup with the Ti ECU mappings and it did not run well at lower rpms.

FWIW, I sold an ECU to Carl A. for $125 US and then bought it back from him for the same price :cheese:

I have seen the equivalent Ducati ECU asking for $600 and also selling for as little as $50.

I think $100-150 is fair.

Anyone wanting one of Cliff's ECUs may want the extra ECU to modify.

So...you're saying there's a way for me to use this ECU? I was thinking of buying the power commander as well.....would they be redundant or compatible? I would like to buy a crossover, but I'm not sure why I wouldn't just buy the Ferraci one over the Stucci.....is there a difference worth the extra hundred bucks?

Too many damn choices if you ask me! I wish the choices were just simple.

I'd like to get this done for under a grand.

Alan

So...you're saying there's a way for me to use this ECU? I was thinking of buying the power commander as well.....would they be redundant or compatible? I would like to buy a crossover, but I'm not sure why I wouldn't just buy the Ferraci one over the Stucci.....is there a difference worth the extra hundred bucks?

I'd like to get this done for under a grand.

Alan

Don;t listen to him he's been itto his own tunning lattely and perhaps says a bit advanced things.

1. The Ti slip ons with the ti ECU that comes with the set will fit in your bike (ECUwise talking it will work)

2. Tune boy is a programm that allows you to modify and download injection maps to your bikes ECU, concidering that you have found somewhere the mapping of the Ti ECU therefore you could copy the map to your "normal " ECU without having to install a completelly other ECU.

Choices are simple. Think what"s in it for me for the reason you want to do that to your bike, ,sound , originality as well , a tight budget thing? And there you"ll come with some answers.

:bier:

Don;t listen to him he's been itto his own tunning lattely and perhaps says a bit advanced things.

1. The Ti slip ons with the ti ECU that comes with the set will fit in your bike (ECUwise talking it will work)

2. Tune boy is a programm that allows you to modify and download injection maps to your bikes ECU, concidering that you have found somewhere the mapping of the Ti ECU therefore you could copy the map to your "normal " ECU without having to install a completelly other ECU.

Choices are simple. Think what"s in it for me for the reason you want to do that to your bike, ,sound , originality as well , a tight budget thing? And there you"ll come with some answers.

I'm a little dense perhaps, but are you saying that there is not a significant difference between the later MG Ti ECU and a 2000 MG Ti ECU? I was working under the assumption that there might be incompatibility based on the different options. I don't mind doing some tuning or even paying a shop to put it on the dyno, but I don't want to do this all twice. Understand?

I'm a little dense perhaps, but are you saying that there is not a significant difference between the later MG Ti ECU and a 2000 MG Ti ECU? I was working under the assumption that there might be incompatibility based on the different options. I don't mind doing some tuning or even paying a shop to put it on the dyno, but I don't want to do this all twice. Understand?

Yes , unless you"re a perfectionist and you know what you want ,putting up a 80-85 bhp bike on a dyno for extra tunning for a couple ps more it is an unnecessary cost.The ti ECU is a ready solution from Guzzi ; now either you take it or not.But getting it and make extra tunning at extra cost is going to cost you money.

So either you get the Ti ecu or you don"t and someway do "your own" (dyno, PCIII, tune boy -whatever)mapping on the existing one or don"t tune it at all.

That"s my :2c:

As far as versions go I don"t know if there was a pre 2000 ECU Ti version.

I am interested in buying the Guzzi Titanium exhaust kit from another member here on the forum, but I have a 2000 V11 and his kit is for a 2003 (I believe). He doesn't want to seperate the kit and is offering the set up at a cost that is almost within my budget, but I don't want to buy parts I can't use. I obviously would only like to use the exhaust since I heard that the ECU isn't compatible with my bike.

First; Is it true that it isn't compatible on my bike without the front crossover the later models have?

Second; Is there anyone on here that would like to purchase the spare tuned 2003 ECU from me or would any of you like to tell me what you think I could sell the ECU for on ebay once I purchase the whole kit?

Thanks, Alan

Hi Alan

I could be interested by the 2003 ECU.

Is it still available ?

How much do you want for it ?

Nicolas (V11 Le Mans RC)

Don't assume the Ti kit ECU will run well without further tuning. In my experience it ran different (felt much richer) but no better than stock one. Gets you in the ball park but I fitted a PC111 & had dyno time to get it running well (I consider it worth it).

KB :sun:

You want simple?

Get the PCIII from Todd Eagan. ~$300+

Get the Stucchi crossover. ~$350

Talk to Todd about which ECU to keep.

FWIW, You will probably get more money for for the Ti ECU.

The bike will then run great.

If it does not, get it tuned to World Spec. US Spec has tight valves and lean idle CO measurement. $$$???

If you still want to run better, get it dyno-tuned on a tuning link dyno.~$200-$400???