122bhp/90kw air/oil cooled twin

Josh

BMW R 1200 S

I'm not a BMW guy but this bike has some impressive numbers. With a 12.5:1 compression ratio, I wonder how well this bike will run on 93 premium? CAN GUZZI DO IT?

With the Piaggio network for R&D they should be able to get close.

Or they could stay with two valves and get closer performance to Buell.

I would just like to see them become as reliable as they are durable.

But I think 100 crank+ HP is a good marketing strategy.

100HP, less weight, and antilock brakes are good selling points.

I love naked bikes and as far as I know the R1200R is the first naked bike to offer anti-lock brakes.

Too bad the engine is a sewing machine.

I wonder how difficult it would be to fit BMW heads on a Guzzi :cheese:

Of course Guzzi can do it. But it won't be with the 2 valve air cooled lump they have now.

Remember, the R1200 BMW engine is liquid cooled, it's just oil instead of glycol. Plus they have 4 valves, and a high powered ECU. And an R&D department that shares secrets with the automotive division.

Ducati?? Well of course they have the Desmodronic valve actuation, they are able to take advantage of drastically different and agressive cam profiles.

Ciao, Steve

Of course they could do it, but we all know they'll never get off their collective arses and actually do it...!!

(I'm a little bitter about the Griso 8V disappearance, can you tell....?! :huh: )

BMW R 1200 S

I'm not a BMW guy but this bike has some impressive numbers. With a 12.5:1 compression ratio, I wonder how well this bike will run on 93 premium? CAN GUZZI DO IT?

Guzzi has allready made the MGS01 wich prouces this power on the wheel.

Theme is to get it into production.O.K. the specs on can say, with a new 4V motor IF they decide doing it it is possible at last to hae these PS on the "pappers"