What are you doing on your Guzzi this weekend?

Guest Nigelstephens

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...if FBF would send my fender elim kit, pipes, cross over and airbox lid elim kit I would have a blast! I sure hope FBF's products are better than their communication skills! I ordered the fender elim kit on the 3rd.... called this week.."oh, yea....those are backordered..hopefully before the end of the year" Ok, I understand backorders but shouldn't they have let me know that without having to call them 2 weeks later? They never even sent an order confirmation. E-mailed on Thursday to see if they had a updated ETA and they never got back to me. So far I am not impressed...maybe the products will win me over :huh2:

Well...if FBF would send my fender elim kit, pipes, cross over and airbox lid elim kit I would have a blast! I sure hope FBF's products are better than their communication skills! I ordered the fender elim kit on the 3rd.... called this week.."oh, yea....those are backordered..hopefully before the end of the year" Ok, I understand backorders but shouldn't they have let me know that without having to call them 2 weeks later? They never even sent an order confirmation. E-mailed on Thursday to see if they had a updated ETA and they never got back to me. So far I am not impressed...maybe the products will win me over :huh2:

Thats a different experience than I had with FBF. I ordered a fender eliminator online & had it within 72 hours. Although come to think of it I dont remember getting an order confirmation, but its been awhile. You will like the eliminator kit when you do finally get it. It really cleans up the tail end of the bike, although the led tail light is not very bright.

My recent experience with them was horrible. :angry:

I'd strongly recommend you cancel the order for the crossover. Mine cracked. Greg Field's cracked, and a couple other people's have cracked, all due to improper welding. They sent me a new one, and told me they had inspected the welds before sending it (and shipped it one week after they said they would). I checked out the new one and the welds were just as bad as the first one. I sent it back and they refunded me. Bought a Stucci to replace it.

The crossover lacks a hanger which can cause unnecessary strain on the head pipes and may have caused cracking on them as well.

Just my :2c:

My recent experience with them was horrible. :angry:

The crossover lacks a hanger which can cause unnecessary strain on the head pipes and may have caused cracking on them as well.

Just my :2c:

I totally agree with your thoughts on the crossover. Don't know if the Stucci is as h.d. as the factory tank of a thing, but if it it not, save your money.

Ciao, Steve

I totally agree with your thoughts on the crossover. Don't know if the Stucci is as h.d. as the factory tank of a thing, but if it it not, save your money.

Ciao, Steve

The Stucci is slightly lighter than stock, but not much. While you're not saving much weight, the improvement in power is well worth it. Plus, it comes with a bung for an oxygen sensor...

The Stucci is slightly lighter than stock, but not much. While you're not saving much weight, the improvement in power is well worth it. Plus, it comes with a bung for an oxygen sensor...

haha you said bung :rolleyes: , and no one has chimed in on what I'm going to do, Its alright I don't know how it'll turn out either. :unsure:

We're so excited to see how it turns out that we just can't say anything :grin:

come on now, don't lie, once its done I'll post a poll and we can see what ppl think, ultimatley I'm the only one that matters in this regard but I don't want to be a total freak either. :wacko:

Dude, it's up to you. If you like it, then the heck with everyone else. If you don't like, then put the stock bits back on and sell the parts you don't like....freak.

Jus' kiddin' :grin: I'm sure it'll be cool and it's all christmas-looking.

Dude, it's up to you. If you like it, then the heck with everyone else. If you don't like, then put the stock bits back on and sell the parts you don't like....freak.

Jus' kiddin' :grin: I'm sure it'll be cool and it's all christmas-looking.

Ah man, just what I was thinkin in the back of my mind, too bad my favorite holiday is easter, think its too much to go pastels? :lol:

nah it'll be cool you'll see, you'll all see!!!! :oldgit:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nigelstephens

This weekend has been busy so not much time for anything Guzzi wise til Sunday.

I have new fork seals to put in but first I need to grind out some scores. Will leave that to the week after.

I think I will go for a ride up to the moors near consett (NE england).

Hmmmm...more like what should I be doing on my Guzzi this weekend?

After a very hard summer's use, Rosso Corsa needs oils, filter, pads front and back, wiring under tank checking due to intermittent starting problem, fork oil changing and tidying cosmetics. Forgot it needs a new battery too- have a Hawker Odyssey on order. Am also waiting for a number plate hanger from Rossopuro that is due to arrive in January plus K and N pods from Teo Lamers. Needs some mirrors too- not happy with the Motrax ones I bought when I stripped the fairing. I chucked it in the corner of the garage a few weeks ago and it has not moved since.

Helen's V11- new Diablo Corsa for the rear required as the old one is now Kojak. Also need to whip off her forks and take them down to Maxton to get rebuilt- this is her birthday present from October that I still have not sorted out.

I will probably leave all these jobs until January cos I am too busy.

Out on the Ducati today- gonna be cold but sunny and dry and I will be joining the local bike club on a Pet Food run to the local PDSA.

Guy :helmet:

Faulty neutral lamp switch if starter not engaging? maybe..