V11 Le Mans Fork Upgrade

profWacko

HyperPro ~$750 with three way dampening adjustability HyperPro ~$500 with rebound dampening adjustability

Wilbers ~$750-800 with three way dampening adjustability

(Note wilbersUSA web site posted that prices will go up in January)

Wilbers builds the shocks for HyperPro, so why not go direct? I'd appreciate the business should you/anyone decide to go that way; http://www.guzzitech.com/WilbersSuspensions.html

Fully adjustable shock is $798, and yes the prices will be going up on Jan. 1, so get your order in now. ;)

I'll give 20% off (current shock pricing) to the first person that PM's me with an order request.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mattress

So, I don't know what to do. :huh2:

What about a custom rear end? You could replace everything with magnesium diecastings and all the steel gear bits with titanium! Think of the weight savings. And while at it you could convert it to a dual shock set-up, which should allow you to take some weight out of the frame. :nerd::nerd::unsure::nerd::nerd:

Guest Gary Cheek

Or just buy a Tuono, get a great suspension right out of the crate and a power plant that will knock the socks off the lumbering, wallowing old pig Guzzi :huh2:

Or just buy a Tuono, get a great suspension right out of the crate and a power plant that will knock the socks off the lumbering, wallowing old pig Guzzi :huh2:

I like to wear my socks, thank you very much.

I love my Guzzi for what it is and what it can be.

It is more fun making it better.

If I was worried about resale value it would be a mistake to keep dropping coin into it.

The Guzzi gets it soul from the engine.

Who cares if it only goes 140 veglia MPH.

It would be nice if it was faster, but the Guzzi engine provides me with a motorcycling experience that is irreplaceable.

Perhaps ignorance is bliss, but when I visualize :rasta: myself on revvvier bike it does not feel right.

Since a Guzzi is the only bike I have room for, I have to make the best of it.

The Ohlins, Wilbers, HyperPro, or Penske on the rear will turn the bike into a more comfortable and better handling bike, and I won't have to worry about the Sachs eye cracking.

You can continue along risking your life :P with the Sachs, as I have for over 35,000 miles, or you can get with the program and turn the bike into something much more pleasureable than a Tuono.

What about a custom rear end? You could replace everything with magnesium diecastings and all the steel gear bits with titanium! Think of the weight savings. And while at it you could convert it to a dual shock set-up, which should allow you to take some weight out of the frame. :nerd::nerd::unsure::nerd::nerd:

Awesome!

I nominate you as head engineer at Guzzi!

Wilbers builds the shocks for HyperPro, so why not go direct? I'd appreciate the business should you/anyone decide to go that way; http://www.guzzitech.com/WilbersSuspensions.html

Fully adjustable shock is $798, and yes the prices will be going up on Jan. 1, so get your order in now. ;)

I'll give 20% off (current shock pricing) to the first person that PM's me with an order request.

I certainly did consider getting the Wilbers, and I know my doubts about customer service would be alleviated if I went through you, rather than HyperPro, but the HyperPro Rising rate spring appealled to me.

Of course if you knock off 20% I could get a Wilbers and then have money left over for HyperPro rising rate Spring!!!

But it could be the rising rate spring sucks :huh2:

I think Ratchet or I got info from HyperPro that the spring was about a 517# transitioning to 728#spring. The 517# is fine, but if it gets stiff too quickly, that will be no good.

Also, the Wilbers has the best looking shock when you order the "classic"

641_CL_b.jpg

Guest Gary Cheek

I like to wear my socks, thank you very much.

I love my Guzzi for what it is and what it can be.

It is more fun making it better.

If I was worried about resale value it would be a mistake to keep dropping coin into it.

The Guzzi gets it soul from the engine.

Who cares if it only goes 140 veglia MPH.

It would be nice if it was faster, but the Guzzi engine provides me with a motorcycling experience that is irreplaceable.

Perhaps ignorance is bliss, but when I visualize :rasta: myself on revvvier bike it does not feel right.

Since a Guzzi is the only bike I have room for, I have to make the best of it.

The Ohlins, Wilbers, HyperPro, or Penske on the rear will turn the bike into a more comfortable and better handling bike, and I won't have to worry about the Sachs eye cracking.

You can continue along risking your life :P with the Sachs, as I have for over 35,000 miles, or you can get with the program and turn the bike into something much more pleasureable than a Tuono.

I ride Guzzis for the same reasons you do. The only difference is how much money and time we are willing to spend past the point of diminishing returns. I guess its a difference in defining "diminshing returns.

Just as you are willing to scrap the Marz/Sachs stuff to improve the bike , I am willing to work with the Marz/Sachs suspension to make IT better which of course makes the bike better as well. We are doing the same thing with different components.

The only thing Guzzi has over the Tuono is an engine that pleases the low revving set. OK the Guzzi is eaier to work on for the most part.

The Tuono engine is so smooth you don't even realize the revs. Chassis-wise you could spend the price of a Tuono and then some on a Sport and never approach the ride and pure steering ability of a stock Tuono.