Tranny a little crunchy

guzziownr

'04 Sport 5K miles.

My transmission has always been very smooth but has begun to be more notchy and crunchy. Not bad, just not as smooth as before. In particular, the shift from neutral to first gear at a stop has begun to hang up, requiring two pokes of the lever or a bit of clutch action to drop in.

Two thoughts are:

(1) The new Yat fat put in at 3K is not the special Himalayan blend recommended by internet pundits the world over. Replace with approved fat.

(2) The clutch is not clutching completely and needs bleeding, adjustment, fluid replacement.

Happy Holidays to all!

DW

Guest Nigelstephens

Have you recently been doing longer trips and getting the gearbox to a higher temp. Mine is really smooth til the engine gets to 70C then the geatbox warms up and the shifts become just as you have described. I run 80/90EP the only avalaible blend in the uk for boxes. Unless I am mistaken?

Have you recently been doing longer trips and getting the gearbox to a higher temp. Mine is really smooth til the engine gets to 70C then the geatbox air warms up and the shifts become just as you have described. I run 80/90EP the only avalaible blend in the uk for boxes. Unless I am mistaken?

Commuting in NYC traffic this summer got things as hot as they are going to get with no change in shifting. I mail-ordered some RedLine Shok-pruf (sp?) And it's sitting on the shelf now.

DW