Valeo starter D6RA210 dead

nuevototem

Hi to all,

For some time I have starting problems with my bike, always suppose that was an electric problem related to the relays.

A few days ago I start hearing a disturbing noise from inside the electric starter motor. I take it apart to check it out and this is what I find...

Picture_389s.jpg

:(

Can you help me guys? Were can I find a new Valeo D6RA210? I live in Barcelona Spain.

Thanks in advance,

Hi to all,

For some time I have starting problems with my bike, always suppose that was an electric problem related to the relays.

A few days ago I start hearing a disturbing noise from inside the electric starter motor. I take it apart to check it out and this is what I find...

Picture_389s.jpg

Can you help me guys? Were can I find a new Valeo D6RA210? I live in Barcelona Spain.

Thanks in advance,

Reboot spares in France will sell you a brand new one for £160 plus delivery. Compare that to the price Guzzi charge for a new one.

Guest Gary Cheek

I still have the Valeo I took off my California when I put the Bosch starter on. Not new, is only a few miles old.

Hi to all,

Thanks guzziownr and Guzzirider for your links! I am checking them out.

Gary Cheek. Yes, is interesting to buy yours if is cheap of course. ^_^

1) Why you change it for the Bosh one? :huh2:

2) Can you confirm is a D6RA210 one?

3) I leave in Barcelona Spain were are you?

Best regards.

Mine went bad awhile back. It was the typical problem with the field magnets becoming un-glued. Seems this happens allot in humid environments. Anyway I took it to a good local automotive alternator-starter shop and they cleaned the starter, walnut blasted the armature and re-glued the magnets, all for around 90 bucks. They use a marine epoxy for the magnets, so I doubt I will have trouble with them again. I was weary about buying a new Valeo as it seems they still can not use a good adhesive for the magnets.

Hi to all,

Thanks for your help in this matter! :bike:

I am thinking to change the relays because I found them starting to fail :bbblll:

Any recommendation were to buy them in Europe? :huh:

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
Hi to all,

Thanks for your help in this matter! :bike:

I am thinking to change the relays because I found them starting to fail :bbblll:

Any recommendation were to buy them in Europe? :huh:

Thanks in advance

I take it you are now talking about the ordinary relays. I ordered a full set from Pyro Dan and it was in my mail box (in Sweden) within a week. He even sent them before receiving payment. And the shipping costs were next to none (I ordered 12 pcs).

• 1 month later...

That EME site has some nice stuff. Overhaul kits and upgraded field magnet housings as well as OEM replacement starters. My bike will sometimes stop cranking during cold start ups and I can hear it whining away. It seems okay on hot re-starts. The battery & charging system seem to be okay so maybe its time for a rebuild or replacement.

Hi to all,

Picture_389s.jpg

Thanks in advance,

You will get one on ebay new ones are on all the time, they are pretty poor and when they fail they fail the rebuild kit is as much as buying a new starter

You will get one on ebay new ones are on all the time, they are pretty poor and when they fail they fail the rebuild kit is as much as buying a new starter

Note that this thread is from January. Anyway, HMB-Guzzi sell new ones for € 175,-