Ducati / Guzzi parts - interchangeable?

slowkitty

Whole unit, sigh .... I reckon will get my hands on a Monster's headlight and fit it on for size.

Cheers

Cat

You might drop RacerX a Private Message.

Whatever he did to make that 7 inch lamp work for his Jackal, would probably work for you.

Or you could post the question at Guzzitech.com's forum

http://guzzitech.com/PHPBB2/

I have the smaller Ballabio/Scura-sized light attached to V11 Sport brackets. You just need spacers on each side of the light. The Ducati light should be a very good fit in the V11 Sport brackets.

It would make sense that with spacers you could fit the smaller lamp between the V11S brackets, but Cat needs the Ducati lamp(or whatever will fit) mounted between the presumably tighter Scura brackets.

Is there any aftermarket/parallel-market match for the scura lamp?

Are any of the Ducati or BMW lamps seven inch?

Maybe Cat's best bet is a Japanese cycle salvage. :huh2:

It would make sense that with spacers you could fit the smaller lamp between the V11S brackets, but Cat needs the Ducati lamp(or whatever will fit) mounted between the presumably tighter Scura brackets.

Is there any aftermarket/parallel-market match for the scura lamp?

Are any of the Ducati or BMW lamps seven inch?

Maybe Cat's best bet is a Japanese cycle salvage. :huh2:

I'm not sure the Scura brackets are tighter. I looked all this up once, and they were the same part number as on some of the other Sports with the big headlight. I could be mis-remembering, though. I'll look when I get to work on Tuesday.

And Helo-Jim: The Centauro headlight is smaller than that of the V11, unless I'm misremembering that, too. I think it's the same size as on the pre-01 EVs and Jacklas (160mm??).

And Helo-Jim: The Centauro headlight is smaller than that of the V11, unless I'm misremembering that, too. I think it's the same size as on the pre-01 EVs and Jacklas (160mm??).

It is smaller and so now I am looking for V11 headlight brackets (they may work) or else having some custom brackets made for the Centauro. I am not overly impressed with the beam spread on the centauro light as well as now I have found the metal shield over the bulb has dropped off. Surgery required!!

Yes, Indeed I have to look for a smaller light. It eludes me why a different sized one for the Scura. Will try out some Jap bikes' lights; chances are that they will be cheaper and brighter.

Will update you guys on the hunt. Great help from you guys .. btw, I'm facing bubbling paint; but that is another story.

Cheers

Cat