Videos: New Years Eve, SoCal Style

wsholar

Great video. I can understand Todd passing some of those guys. Corner wasters!!

Ciao, Steve

Yeah, on his Jackal, Todd can pass pretty much anybody he wants on any curve that's slower than a buck thirty (mph). Only thing limiting Todd on curves is the hp/vmax of the bike he's riding. I haven't ever ridden with him when he's on a fast bike, but I hear (from his fellow track day instructors) that he's right up there with a lot of current superbike racers.

That was Rich R. on the other Jackal, me on the Scura, and Rich's friend, Cain on the MV Agusta 750 F4. We weren't racing or anything, just playing cat and mouse for the camera. Whenever Todd starts a pass, we give it up willingly. To do otherwise would be just silly.

Stay tuned...more to come.

very nice, altho i dislike riding in large groups A LOT, i find that too dangerous.

Part II is more up my taste :)

thanx for the vids.

very nice, altho i dislike riding in large groups A LOT, i find that too dangerous.

Part II is more up my taste :)

thanx for the vids.

Yeah, in the first video, the five of us encountered that pack of kids at the last light at the foot of the Crest. Dispatching them was pretty easy, although I think the guy on the 1000S (Bob) might have been stuck with them for a few miles. When you start up the Crest, it's good to make use of the first couple of passing lanes before the first ranger station. After that, getting around folks gets a bit dicier.

Some wierd braking going on in those videos.

Scarry.

"I love it!! Speed up in the corners, slow down on the straight aways! Beautiful stuff Todd!"

Yup........

Nice video..I like the camera position in the first one best.

Rather hear the motor than music too.

Nice road..no cars..no cops...lucky bastids... :mg:

Some wierd braking going on in those videos.

Scarry.

"I love it!! Speed up in the corners, slow down on the straight aways! Beautiful stuff Todd!"

Yup........

Nice video..I like the camera position in the first one best.

Rather hear the motor than music too.

Nice road..no cars..no cops...lucky bastids... :mg:

The audio was lost on the helmet-mounted "lipstick" camera-- that's why videos 2 and 3 have music instead of motor sounds. The bar-mounted camera in video 1 had some vibration problems-- that prompted the switch to the lipstick camera for the rest of the ride.

Kinda off topic but what do you do to the mic's to kill the wind niose I have all sorts of problems especailly with my hement cam. I put a pot inline to turn the sensitivity down but I really think I need a low pass filter to get rid of most of it. Or is that a post production thing?

Kinda off topic but what do you do to the mic's to kill the wind niose I have all sorts of problems especailly with my hement cam. I put a pot inline to turn the sensitivity down but I really think I need a low pass filter to get rid of most of it. Or is that a post production thing?

Well, Todd's bar-mounted camera was right behind his windscreen, so I think placement is what made it work okay in the first video. In the remaining three videos with the lipstick camera, the mic was placed under the seat, but died after only a couple of minutes for one reason or other-- possibly the amplitude of the motor and pipes at speed overloaded the input limits of the mic. Just don't know for sure.

Thats why I put the pot inline because even at idle the Guzz was peaking out the audio level witht he input and across the mic to try and kill off any impedance matching issue's. Stupid full termi systems :D I kinda got that under control but now above 60kph the wind niose drowns everything out. The camera itself has a wind cut function but not when using external inputs. Have tried wrapping it in towel and putting it in the backpack but even vaguely in the vicinity of the cam recorder gets massive feedback from the tape drive motor. I found when replaying it through my stero if I simply turned the trebble right down that killed most of the wind niose off. So now witht he right combination of resistor and capacitor I should be able to make a tone control circuit like they used to have in car stero well actually I think they were mono's at the time. If anyone has any clues on where to start with componets value's, There is a way of working it out but it has disappeared into the annauls of !@#$ed if I can remeber how.