I found my next bike!!!!!!!!!!

wheelsucker

IF (big if) Guzzi ever gives us an mid-size adventure bike, I'd sign up in a heartbeat...

Something comparable to the KTM 640 adventure but with the air-cooled twin, shaft drive, and spoked wheels that could run tubeless would be about perfect. Kind of a updated Quota for the new century.

Just my :2c: .

There's probably no more than 16 of us in the whole world that would be interested. :(

Oh well.

Phil

Atlanta GA

Seventeen.

I can't help feeling the engine and driveline in a Guzzi, particularly the big block, is simply too heavy to be the core of a usable soft-roader. The new BMW 1200 GS shed a lot of fat over the old one, and that is still too heavy IMHO. Also, the sump and fancy oil cooler rad looks a bit vulnerable to me.

Nah, if you want an offroad bike, you need a purpose designed one, the likes of KTMs which are narrow and light from the beginning.

The new Triumph Tiger 1050 is in a similar mode (not really ment to go off road)

Yep, I love the new tiger as well. I was thinking about the Multistrada but have heard a few things that weren't so good about it. The new tiger is definitely a strong contender for next bike....of course unless MG gives us the Stelvio :mg:

Yep, I love the new tiger as well. I was thinking about the Multistrada but have heard a few things that weren't so good about it. The new tiger is definitely a strong contender for next bike....of course unless MG gives us the Stelvio :mg:

Wheel,

What have you heard wasn't good about the Multi? I can't say mine's perfect but it it works pretty well. :bike:

FWIW, the 1200 4V Guzzi motor (I'd hope 100 HP with good low end and Guzzi soul) in a bike with a chassis as good as the Multistrada would seem like a great bike. The best parts on my Italian stallions in one bike. I'd be interested. My only negative from the picture is the cast handlebars, why would you use a heavy, expensive solution when regular 'bars are cheap, adjustable and have almost infinite options to change.