Forkin' around

Ouiji Veck

I have a leak coming from the top right fork :( The front tire was wearing unevenly & the bike handles poorly when I push it hard. I checked that o ring under the fork cap but it looks just fine to my untrained eyeballs. Can the o ring look good & still leak? Or is there something else in there thats causing the leak that I'm not aware of?

Well it would have to be that o ring going bad in order for the oil to get out in the first place right?

In any case I ordered a set of the Hyperpro springs from Todd@Guzzitech while I'm playing with this problem.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily I kicked back before reaching for the bigger hammer

and investigated what I initially took for a vent...

there's a set screw in there! Thats fighting me too..

Gonna be tough hammering on that little thing.

I searched for a thread on doing this..the 43mm's anyway..

Maybe I'm creating it.

yes it is a small allen head screw and it maintains pressure on the small steel ball inside the hole inside the cap. the ball pushes against the grooves in the compression and rebound ajusters and gives the clicking effect when ajusting.WARNING do not tighten this grubscrew to much as it will make the dampening ajusters hard to turn and you will possibley break the screw slot in the ajuster as i did.lol. A new one means u must buy the whole fork cap $185 Aus. I've found someone who can repair mine and I will post pic's of this plus install of IKon progressive spings next week end. :D