Marvic Piuma Wheels for guzzi

zebulon

I just discover that Marvic still produce some wheels for our guzzi.

This is the piuma model available for V11, MGS-Corsa & Centauro/Daytona/Sport ie

Price are nearly the same than PVM; i have ask them if there is a cush drive or not

Marvic Piuma

prod_piuma_01.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The front wheels for Guzzi models are similarly priced compared to the Jap stuff- but the rears for Guzzis are more expensive, which hopefully means there is a cush drive- be interested to hear what Marvic say.

Cheers

Guy

piumas are light and magnesium, Guaro has them. They hava a cush drive, if you buy the cush parts from the mgs01 I suppose. And mgs01 parts are expensive. But maybe marvic can supply them. If the price is same as pvm, I won't need long to know what to buy....

At the risk of sounding like a total noob:

What's so great about Marvic wheels? Is magnesium a ton lighter than aluminum? Anyone running these who can report some improvment over stock?

If it's aesthetics only, I think I am partial to the 3 spoke stock wheels on my 04 ballabio over the 5 spokes in the picture...

At the risk of sounding like a total noob:

What's so great about Marvic wheels? Is magnesium a ton lighter than aluminum? Anyone running these who can report some improvment over stock?

If it's aesthetics only, I think I am partial to the 3 spoke stock wheels on my 04 ballabio over the 5 spokes in the picture...

Yes...

A 3.5x17 front mag wheel will weigh between 6 and 7 lbs. A 3.5x17 forged aluminum wheel will weigh around 8 lbs.

Contrast that to my OEM Sport 1100 front wheel that weighs 14 lbs sans brake rotors... (weighed it myself)...

Yes... Big difference...

Just got this back from EMA

"Hi Murray,

Thanks for the inquiry, unfortunately PVM wheels are not available at this time. The factory is undergoing an expansion project and they are now doing OEM wheels for BMW. It's unclear what capacity will be left for aftermarket wheels, we hope to have an update in the next few months.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you for contacting EMA and have a great day!

Jeff

EMA Inc"

So do Braking do wheels for Guzzi? or should we try and contact PVM direct?

Thanks for pointing out the Marvic wheels :bier:

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/category.aspx?categoryID=2961

has them

Guzzi V11 600x17 Piuma Black

$1,550.00

Guzzi V11 600x17 Piuma Black

Guzzi V11 Piuma Black

$862.00

Guzzi V11 Piuma Black

And just for comparison

900ss 5.75x17 Piuma Black

$1,237.00

900ss 5.75x17 Piuma Black

note it is 0.25 narrower, but still they should throw in a cush drive considering the Guzzi price, with polyurethane bushings :grin: