Recommended UK Dealer?

Orson

Thanks Jaap...there's a bit of a problem though. I work in Saudi Arabia, where they censor web sites that even hint of sex. The UK Guzzi site has the word "virgin" in its URL address and I guess thats enough to get it censored here :(

Orson

I'll forward your question there... no problem. Can I use your email adress or should I post their answers here?

The reason I posted was because, I noticed on the Guzzi web site that, the listed UK Guzzi dealer in Liverpool is Carnells.

From what I've heard, this is one of those huge motorcycle superstores that carry 6 or 7 different brands of bikes.

I was hoping to avoid such a place and maybe find a little mom & pop dealer that shared our passion for things Italian.

Orson

• 3 years later...
The reason I posted was because, I noticed on the Guzzi web site that, the listed UK Guzzi dealer in Liverpool is Carnells.

From what I've heard, this is one of those huge motorcycle superstores that carry 6 or 7 different brands of bikes.

I was hoping to avoid such a place and maybe find a little mom & pop dealer that shared our passion for things Italian.

Orson

77[/snapback]

take the ferry to the Isle O Mann, great dealer there, Paul Dedman Performance, really keen and helpful.

Bit extreme I guess, but he is one of the best. Fixed me Rosso two years running during TT week. and didnt rip me off either!

There's a place in Colwyn Bay. But, in my experience, the M&P stores are long gone. Most Guzzi dealers in the north do not carry even the most basic spares and are very "take it or leave it" in their attitude. Border bikes in Berwick on Tweed is a pleasant exception - nice people but, again, not a huge stock of stuff.

mike

Colwyn Bay have dumped the Guzzi brand- got pissed off with dealing with the factory. Mind you they pissed me off once by telling me they had a V11 speedo cable in stock so I rode up from Mid Wales for 2 hours to find out it was a cable for a Cali EV.

Here is the updated list of UK dealers- A and D in Denbigh have taken over the N Wales franchise.

http://www.motoguzzi.it/dealers/dealers_gbr_dn.asp

I'd recommend Jason at Moto Strada in Shipley.

Guy :helmet:

Interesting list. No Motomecca or Three Cross, which seem to be the only dealers to grasp the possibilities of dealing with the older models. M&S is not worth wasting a phone call on. It carries nothing. Might have a look at A&D next time I'm at the folks'.

Shipley carries on a long tradition of being associated with the weird and wonderful....

Moto ecosse did a 6000 mile service for me, The bike certainly run better on the way home than on the way down, they are in ayr, and the owner Mal is guzzi mad. just a quick run up the m6

Gary

Interesting list.  No Motomecca or Three Cross, which seem to be the only dealers to grasp the possibilities of dealing with the older models.  M&S is not worth wasting a phone call on.  It  carries nothing.  Might have a look at A&D next time I'm at the folks'.

Shipley carries on a long tradition of being associated with the weird and wonderful....

77615[/snapback]

Three Cross used to be both the importer and dealer but that ended a few years back. I bought 3 Guzzis and a Ducati from them when I lived in Hampshire, and they always cut a good deal in terms of price, but their aftersales support was patchy- they were known in the local Guzzi club as "Double Cross!".

Motomecca are an independant spares importer and they have an arm that sells bikes too- Moto Corsa which deals in secondhand Guzzis. There have been lots of recommendations in Gambalunga about their good service.

Guy :helmet:

P.S. Shipley is a bit weird- its the Shipley beer festival on 24th Feb so I will experience even more weirdness I am sure :bier: