Cafe Sport from Czech

Troutman

Just thought I would mention something about IMPORTING A BIKE FROM EU TO UK.

If the bike is MORE THAN 10YRS OLD   it's very easy.

You will need

1. An MOT (you might need to get a new headlight/lens, and in my case a MPH overlay for the speedo. I am looking into fitting a GPS cycle speedo for the test)

2. The previous EU owners Reg. Cert. (you should definitely have this when you bought the bike, an absolute must!...proves you bought it etc.)

3. Your photo ID  ( driving licence etc..can be a photocopy)

4. Fee £55 reg fee + road tax.  ( you can't delay the tax, I won't be riding this much at all now until next Spring but you could register it then and therefore the tax won't be wasted)

If the bike is less than 10yrs old then you need a Certificate of Conformity (for UK) or take it and get a MSVA (single vehicle test). for me that's a 130mile round trip and you can't ride the bike there (legally) so you have to trailer it.

So much easier to import if it's older than 10years ( All V11's)

1098503135e36886e6a5278232ca874e24493fd9

This was en route to Stelvio..stunning. Bike was filthy from riding through Austria in the rain.

2943642089d463c0c0d57c05c6505c78b64f86d0

You still have a lot to learn, man. You never call it "FILTHY". It's not just any bike.

Practice sentences including expressions 'disastrous rain', 'reliable and confident', 'brought me home', 'wifey loves it' (ok, better don't overstress), words like that. When you're new you might have some problems, then, a couple of days later, the right words should come fluently. Exercise, later on this will ease your Guzzista experience.

Glad, though, that you put up the nice pics.

• Like 3

1098503135e36886e6a5278232ca874e24493fd9

This was en route to Stelvio..stunning. Bike was filthy from riding through Austria in the rain.

2943642089d463c0c0d57c05c6505c78b64f86d0

You still have a lot to learn, man. You never call it "FILTHY". It's not just any bike.

Practice sentences including expressions 'disastrous rain', 'reliable and confident', 'brought me home', 'wifey loves it' (ok, better don't overstress), words like that. When you're new you might have some problems, then, a couple of days later, the right words should come fluently. Exercise, later on this will ease your Guzzista experience.

Glad, though, that you put up the nice pics.

FILTHY means dirty, meaning bike is covered in road muck, dirt , etc..it's a British expression..bike was great.

• Like 1

I really need a MPH speedo to get this bike registered in the UK. My test station won't look at it with KPH.

They are the ITI gauges, anyone got one I could borrow? or buy? a broken one would be fine, i'll fix it...done it before.

Does anyone know what the spacer ( GU14439800 )  for headlight mount is made from??, my bike has something that doesn't look like it is correct. Is it rubber?

Sorry I can't seem to post a parts diagram but it's the spacer that goes between the headlight bucket and the mounts. Looking at the mounts it should be conical and I would have thought rubber.