ECU map identification

docc

Helping out another V11 rider, I could not remember how to decipher the map identification displayed by guzzidiag. He recalls that the late-great Bruce Lawson (RIP) loaded a "Meinolf Map." Is that what these codes mean? If so, which "Meinolf Map" is this?

IMG_6138.jpg

EDIT/06 August 2018: amp depicted above is V11 Titanium.

For comparison, here is my 2000 Sport with factory map:

IMG_6142.jpg

EDIT/ 06 August 2018: Map depicted above is the basic V11 map.

Why not ask Meinoff ?

I was just reading about the work he's doing on ECU's & various maps, over on WildGuzzi.

In the shed, I'm getting closer to installing a Beetlemap in the Griso, Beetle is one of the mainstays on the Grisoghetto, and was wondering what maps are available for the V11's ?

To quote Pete Roper;

I don't believe Mark (Beetle)has done much map work for the 15M/RC as used on the V11's. I might be wrong but that.'s why I suggested V11.Com as I know there are several folks who have built their own maps over there.

So who are these folks ?

Here is PaulDaytona's advice in May 20 2014 to Wayne Orwig;

And for maps, start with reading what map you have in the left bottom corner in Guzzidiag. Then I can tell you is there is something better.

Cheers

So, the map is listed in that corner. How do we decipher this business?

If a custom map gets written to the ECU, say a "Meinolf Map", does the lower left corner of guzzidiag report this?

Well, I searched and searched and read and read, and relearned quite a lot, but don't understand how to confirm how to identify the actual map loaded on a given 15M  . . . :huh:

Meinolf, will your maps be identified on guzzidiag?

I don’t know if Guzzidiag knows or cares what map. I think if you upload from the reader app you will get a zip file that might show the map.

But at that point you might as well upload to tunerpro and view the parameters against another map.

What ya got against TunerPro?...

I just haven't learned to use TunerPro. Not even sure if "Reader" and "Writer" are actually part of that suite? :huh2:

It's getting harder and harder to help other V11 riders as their bikes present more and more undetectable changes.  It would be nice to tell this fellow what map he might even have. Guzzidiag reads "Titanium."

I get stupefied . . . :mellow:

So, MartyNZ, you're running a Meinolf Map (#43?) . . .

Does Guzzidiag flag it? (display some indication that it is installed) . . .

To 100% verify that the map is unfettered wouldn’t you need to check values anyway?

Like on TunerPro.

Don’t be scared buddy. Even a shaved ape like me can handle it. You still got my number? I’m pretty sure I can walk you through it.

• Like 1

Hi,

Well, I searched and searched and read and read, and relearned quite a lot, but don't understand how to confirm how to identify the actual map loaded on a given 15M  . . . :huh:

Meinolf, will your maps be identified on guzzidiag?

Yes, they can be identified. I did change IDs, but not consistently. Look for the "#xx...." or "V11KS Althaus..."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jen_NO3imIBqqwABNQ8mssmz7F-vm7Cm

The easiest way is to compare the values in the Fuel trim air pressure table @ B298. That's one of the trim tables which I corrected right at the beginning of my activities.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17dGUNIqO1JJo1BfWiN1gsCAXFu7GD6Rq

Cheers

Meinolf

• Like 1

So, MartyNZ, you're running a Meinolf Map (#43?) . . .

Does Guzzidiag flag it? (display some indication that it is installed) . . .

Here you are Docc.

The ECU on my bike was a Titanium Kit ECU with this ident:

IAW 15M PF3C

3D02VS9G

Now it has been overwritten with Meinolf's program #42, which has this ident:

IAW 15M PF3C

#58ZZP8-

GuzziDiag Screenshot-Small.jpg

• Like 1