A spec tyres.

Chris Wilson

Hi all, I have a Bellagio and just recently changed my rear tyre from a Pirelli Angle GT II to an A spec version of the same.

And must say that I like it.

The stiffer side walls seem to compliment bikes with a rear wieght bias and not just bikes over 250kg.

Any others out there try A spec tyres and liked them?

Chris.

1 hour ago, pete roper said:

Admit it! You like it because you got charged $400 for it by a shill!:lol:

There will be no living with you now!

(But it does feel like a good tyre despite being ripped off a country mechanic who says "it's the last one in stock, do you wannit?"

What was I supposed to say?

Nah, it's OK, I would rather have the unrepairable flat that's on my bike right now thanks very much."

Yeah you got truly stiffed. I got the only available Conti Road Attacks in the country, two sets, for just over a grand a couple of weeks ago. They're on the shelf waiting for me when I need them. I just don't get why some people feel the need to stiff others. It's a very short term strategy.

I'm not using Pirelli anymore, but used up a great big bunch of them as they changed their product from the Diablo (on my Sport as delivered), through Angels, ST, then GT. It seems this "A spec" is being built more like the former "ST".  I can say that I got better service (longer life) from those than I did when they changed to the GT. (FWIW, YMMV and all of that).