Handelbars

Guest ChrisBer

Guest ChrisBer

:doh: Sorry for my english ...

I bought two weeks ago a brand new Black LeMans '02 and I must admit that I like it very much. A very good bike delivering "good vibration" !!

Unfortunately, I'm tall (183cm) and the position is not really comfortable for me.

I would like to be able to raise the handelbars from about 2cm.

Has anyone already done that or could anyone provide me some ideas how to do that.

Thanks and greatings from France

Christophe

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I (emailed) spoke to them they were out of stock with a 4 week backorder and the price was 164 euros plus shipping. Am I missing something? :doh:

mgcycle.com has "Verlecchi" multi adjustable clip-ons made by Moto Spezial. About $230 USD. They are listed under V11 Sport accessories, so I guess they should fit a Le Mans (?). BTW if anyone knows the difference between these and the ones offered by Agostini (Tomaselli's) would you please enlighten me. I was unable to find a picture on the Agostini site, so even a description would be appreciated. TIA. Joe Camarda in Modesto CA USA :helmet:

Guest Reinhold Probst
mgcycle.com has "Verlecchi" multi adjustable clip-ons made by Moto Spezial. About $230 USD. They are listed under V11 Sport accessories, so I guess they should fit a Le Mans (?). BTW if anyone knows the difference between these and the ones offered by Agostini (Tomaselli's) would you please enlighten me. I was unable to find a picture on the Agostini site, so even a description would be appreciated. TIA. Joe Camarda in Modesto CA USA  :helmet:

You got to watch the fairing limiting the options, also the brake cable has very little room left as well as the clutch cable.

Since the upper triple tree is of the same cast than the Guzzi Cruisers it can be drilled and handlebar risers installed. We used a relatively flat 7/8" handlebar and risers from a Triumph Bonneville.

I went through three different handlebars until I found one that worked

Guest ChrisBer

Bonjour everybody,

I found Tommassi adjustable handelbars this weekend. It took me half a day to install them. I did'nt have to change any cable and I found the position where it didn't hurt anything.

I went for a ride yesterday and the difference is incredible ! The position is fine, but also the manoeuvrability (is that correct ??) is really better.

I paid 130Euros the handelbars and it was a very good deal. The bike is now really more ready for long ride.

Thanks

Christophe

Bonjour everybody,

I found Tommassi adjustable handelbars this weekend. It took me half a day to install them. I did'nt have to change any cable and I found the position where it didn't hurt anything.

I went for a ride yesterday and the difference is incredible ! The position is fine, but also the manoeuvrability (is that correct ??) is really better.

I paid 130Euros the handelbars and it was a very good deal. The bike is now really more ready for long ride.

Thanks

Christophe

Is it possible for you to take pictures of your bike with the clip-ons, and to post them here?

• 2 weeks later...

Let's bring this subject up again. I want to come up and back as far as possible w/o changing lines. It seems that the Thomaselli's and the Verlicchi's will do it but what about:

1. Vibration

2. Bar end weights or a Throttlemeister for either unit. What size would fit?

Also, how can we get the Thomaselli's. Agostino's says they have none in stock and everyone seems to be quoted a different price. :huh:

After much deliberation on how to raise the bars on my v11 LeMans, I purchased the Verlicchi adjustable clip-ons from MG cycle. Has anyone used these on there v11 sport or LeMans? The ends do not accept bar end weights or a Throttlemeister. Will vibrations be a concern? What about replacement grips? Where can I get those vibration snakes? So many questions and so few brain cells...... :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Joe and the ergo boys,

Got my Verlicchi's back from the machinist today and they are now tapped to accept the stock bar ends (or a Throttlemeister). I will install this weekend and post a report w/pic! :D

OK boys (and Girls), the Verlicchi's are on. I took a pic but it was somewhat dark, hope you can make it out. These bars will give me what I am looking for, especially with the seat Rich is doing for me (as we speak) and the peg relo kit. Easy install and the bar end weights work well since the bars were tapped. Just unbolt, raise fork legs about 5/8" and bolt it all together. Adjustments are limited unless you want to get new Hydraulic lines, but I think the allowable movement is enough. The fairing will block any extreme movement anyway. The Bars also allow for some room to use my RAM Mount for my GPS (I love gadgets)!

:bier:

I'll let you know how it rides when I get my seat back next week!

post-8-1037404874_thumb.jpg

Guest JohnInNH

Russ,

After I lightened up the photo I could see how you attached the bars. I looks like you clamped them on top of the triple tree. Do you know if the legs were raised in the clamps? Thus lowering the front end.

I was under the impression they were supposed to go UNDER the top plate.

Would you tell us about how much UP and BACK you could get the bars before being limited by the break and clutch lines.

Thanks... John

John,

First of all thanks for lightening the photo. I spoke with Gordon at MG (where I bought them) and while discussing it I mentioned to him that I would have to raise the legs about 3/4" over the stock clamps which are also above. He seemed to think that it would make no difference in the handling, which I will verify as soon as I get my seat back from Rich Maund (mid week). It certainly seems like a very minor change and if it affects the handling I would bet that stiffening up the front end via the compression and rebound adjustments would compensate.

As for the bar travel it was not a huge amount. I am guessing about an inch or so back and maybe two inches up. The limiting factor being the hydraulic lines. It seems though, that this will be a vast improvement because the bars are also a little wider and do not droop as much as the stockers. Just sitting on the bike it is much more comfortable. I would doubt that too much more adjustability will be available anyway due to the fairing.

I'll get a better pic out once the seat comes back and I get a riding impression. :bier:

Had my first ride with the clips today. Better than stock but I think a few more adjustments are in order. I am afraid that I might not be able to adjust enough w/o replacing the hydraulic lines which I don't want to do if I can avoid it.

I think these will work well once fine tuned! Pic attached. Also note the new Rich Maund Seat and the GPS setup. :helmet:

post-8-1037751978_thumb.jpg