line

introduction.  Thus, it has been very difficult to schedule time for

the

Guzzi products.

But we have not forgotten, and discuss the project and others like it

every

week.  I know that can't sound very hopeful, but it is the truth.  We

will

get to the project.  I just can't tell you, as yet, exactly when.

Again, many thanks for staying in touch.  Please feel free to contact

us any

time, as it is our objective to be of as much assistance as possible.

Best-

-Alfred

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on the Cycle Cat Risers :(

Al and group,

Why bother with them when there are so many other alternatives now. Mike Haven over at MPH has a set that look very very good.

:bike::mg:

Understood, and good point... ^_^

Mike's do look nice, although I think it looks a bit kludge'y.... from what I can tell from the photos anyway. They seem to rely on an "adapter" that clamps into the stock clamp then allows one to mount the stock bars in his clamp.... as opposed to replacing the original mount which I think would be a cleaner and safer solution.

But from what I can tell the Cycle Cat's look like they are the most adjustable and technically superior of the bunch, especially in regard to their specially designed cam bar that allows for adjusment of bar angle as well as damps vibration.... at least that's the marketing :P

Not to disparage Mike's solution, as I'm guessing about the solution to some degree, but I wish Mike had some closeup side and angle shots of the kit so we could tell a bit more about the design. I've requested such photos, but never did see any.

Bottom line, just providing an update for anyone that was waiting for the Cycle Cat solution :huh2:

al

Thanks for staying on top of the CycleKat issue Al. I have looked at many other solutions out there, and agree that CycleKats look the most promising! I'm still looking fwd to positive news from them, but I sure aint holdin my breath. :(

They seem to rely on an "adapter" that clamps into the stock clamp then allows one to mount the stock bars in his clamp.... as opposed to replacing the original mount which I think would be a cleaner and safer solution.

I made up a set of adapters like what you mention here (in December '02). Machined them out of some aluminum, and was going to mount them on my bike. Then I figured I'd just replace the handlebars and be done with it. So...I sent my prototype adapters to mcloutier; he at least used to visit this board. Apparently, he mounted them up on his bike. I don't know whether he likes them, hates them. Maybe they broke ;) and he's talkin' to a lawyer.

Once installed, they should be pretty much buried, so I don't know how kludgy they're going to look on a bike. I'll send him an email and see what's up.

Cheers,

Jason

• 7 months later...

Still no sign of bar risers for a V11 LeMans from Cycle cat? :wacko: They make some nice stuff :thumbsup:

Come on Cycle Cat where are they???? :luigi:

Guest bshpilot

what about the two brothers racing clip ones....completely

adjustable...

i just installed 'em on my v11 sport

I haven't talked to the Cycle Cat folks in months, but the last time I checked in with them, they very kindly apologized and said, "don't hold your breath" :huh2:

According to them, other higher volume bikes just kept taking priority, and the MG poject kept getting pushed back further and further on the R&D list.

Again, although very apologetic, it seemed clear that they weren't going to deliver a product soon, if ever :unsure:

al

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidb

I drilled the riser bars I bought from MGcycles then tapped them at 3/8 inch pipe. I took a 3/8 hex head male coupling (hydraulic type) drilled the hole to match the guzzi vibration dampner, then cut it in half to make two caps. I removed the dampners from the stock bars and installed them in the new ons. I bought HD brake lines and ordered a extended clutch line. I re routed the throttle cable and now I have about 3 to 4 inches of bar rise.

• 1 month later...
Guest Graham in NZ

I don't know how the Le Mans fairing would affect things, but I have fitted rubber-mounted tubular bars to my V11 Sport with great results. Unlike some others, I bit the bullet and fitted longer front brake hose and throttle cable. Other control lines were long enough. At the same time I fitted 300gm 'bar-end weights and light-weight mirrors from a Gilera Ice scooter. Comfort is great and 'bar and mirror vibration is virtually non-existent. Soon, an article I wrote about the modifications may be posted here by contributor, jrt, from Iowa USA.

• 1 month later...
Guest Graham in NZ

Thanks, Jason

Before I can do worthwhile postings myself, I need to learn how to include photos on this site, which others seem to have mastered.

Regards

Graham