V11 & Buell Weekend May 2006

V11UK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin

what web map site do you use? It's not the common or garden Multimap. You mentioned it somewhere before but I don't know where (maybe you can give me directions to it? :D ).

What is the discount price for a single room, chaps?

When I rang, the person taking the booking didn't know.

Martin

what web map site do you use? It's not the common or garden Multimap. You mentioned it somewhere before but I don't know where (maybe you can give me directions to it? :D ).

88872[/snapback]

Last year routes

day3.jpg

I used multimap.com saved the picture and then in "Paint" I freehand drew the route in and then saved it.

This years routes

RBR3a.jpg

I've used microsofts "autoroute" and screen saved the result, then edited the size in "paint" to produce the map.

The autoroute is a bit cumbersome but as I had time I plotted all the landmarks in and gave it a whirl, bundled software that came with the machine.

I use the The RAC Route Planner and my 4 miles to an inch road atlas to plan routes. Sometimes the route planners want to take you one way so have to add in additional waypoints. The Michelin one is very similar to the RAC and makes a good fall back. I normally run a route through two planners.

If I'm looking at maps on line I use Multimap.com and getamap.co.uk which is the OS's, they differ slightly on format especially close up. But get a smaller window on the OS. The RAC route planner does let you zoom in on the route but isn't really a map.

I use Multimap.com and getamap.co.uk which is the OS's,

88876[/snapback]

getamap: that's the other name that you had mentioned before

Thanks

Given that I live in Stirling and have taken the Friday off, I was thinking of heading off to Spean Bridge around lunchtime. Anyone want to hook up en route and enjoy a wee thrash up the road.

There's always the option of getting a cup of tea and a pee at my place or we could meet elsewhere, it's not a bother to me.

Any views ?

If the weather is good (which it will be, won't it....:huh2:) we'll take our time and have good tour around :bike:, probably arriving in Spean Bridge late afternoon on Friday.

I'm glad that a few more v11lemans.com members are coming this year. We should have approx. 10 V11's :mg: plus an assortment of Buells/other makes.

If the weather is good (which it will be, won't it....:huh2:) .

89187[/snapback]

forecasts are showing rain, rain and rain

big waterproofs?

:(

Just watched the forecast on the telly- Friday scheduled for heavy rain, strong winds and it will be cold, especially in Scotland and NI. Bugger :(

Don't mind showers or light rain but if it is going to be miserable all weekend we may sulk and stay at home- its a long way to go just to get hypothermia.

I hope the weathermen are wrong.

Guy :helmet:

Busy packing my bags right now. That's bags within bags :P . I hope they've got it wrong. They did last week down here, forecast showers had two day heat wave :) . Okay there was a bit of thunder in the middle of the night.

The BBC 5 day currently shows hail in the extreme north, not good for my planned jaunt. But it's at the edge of the forecast range so hopefully may improve as it firms up as the days draw in.

It could be worse - remember this?

IOMwindy.jpg

:P

I spoke to the landlady tonight and she's already had a few cancellations. It looks as though the weather forecast is starting to put people off travelling such a long distance. I can't really blame them - it's pretty bad :angry:.

Have you guys paid deposits?

I haven't paid a deposit but still intend to go unless its looking really crap. I've done basically the same trip twice in the past in heavy rain and its not much fun.

Where is global warming when you need it? :huh2:

I spoke to the landlady tonight and she's already had a few cancellations. It looks as though the weather forecast is starting to put people off travelling such a long distance. I can't really blame them - it's pretty bad  :angry:.

Have you guys paid deposits?

89477[/snapback]

I've bought a boat ticket.