Car Bike combos

Jock Guzzi

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in Vancouver I own a 1965 Chevy Corvair. It's a 2.5 litre rear engined flat six soft top

75375[/snapback]

Brother!! I've had 3 'Vairs! The early ones were deth traps but the 65 and up were wonderful little cars. I had a 66 Corsa - 4 carb 140 HP. Wicked little car.

Also had a 61 Greenbrier (van version). Never had so much fun in a vehicle in my life as I did with that death trap.

I think I still have a case of oil filters somewhere in the garage...

cheers :bier:

Rj

Just joined. I have ordered a Griso. However, I own a new Triumph Bonneville America and just purchased a Mini Cooper S.

I was going to buy a Thruxton, but instead opted for the Italian Iron. Always drove Alfa's and Fiats. Does being married to an Italian count?

I have a 97 F-150 extended cab for rainy days ( It never friggen rains in Arizona!) thats why it only has 55K miles on the odometer. My wifes car is a 99 Camry, we also have a 2001 nissan altima. The last car I had that I was really enthusiastic about was a 1986 SAAB turbo. now , Im into bikes for fun, cars are just a "tool". :D

Wifes car is a renault scenic (she picked/paid for it ). The only time i get to drive it is for trips to b and q (hardware store) and then i have to clean it for the privelige,I dont run a car now as i dont need one, but my last one was a puegot 406hdi which had fantastic fuel economy.

Gary

Toyota Matrix color matched silver to my V11S.

Lotsa headroom, stereo, inside is dry when raining, can carry up over thirty bricks, seat folds down for fun :wub: sort of economical, low emissions, reliable, and

Automatic, just in case I break a leg. :(

my filosophy is that if fun is had on two wheels, it should also be had on four. Why suffer when driving a cage? And having fun on roads like ours in winter means 4wheel drive. So I have one of these, Audi Coupe Turbo Quattro 20V pic is the actual car). Classic, completely unbreakable and still way too fast for me. What could replace it?

Looking forward to next weekend, 230 miles skitrip on rotten snow and ice. Gung ho!

Audi33.jpg

my filosophy is that if fun is had on two wheels, it should also be had on four. Why suffer when driving a cage? And having fun on roads like ours in winter means 4wheel drive. So I have one of these, Audi Coupe Turbo Quattro 20V pic is the actual car). Classic, completely unbreakable and still way too fast for me. What could replace it?

Looking forward to next weekend, 230 miles skitrip on rotten snow and ice. Gung ho!

Audi33.jpg

75456[/snapback]

very very nice... only my GTV Turbodelta would make me feel as good :D

Just joined.  I have ordered a Griso.  However, I own a new Triumph Bonneville America and just purchased a Mini Cooper S.

I was going to buy a Thruxton, but instead opted for the Italian Iron.  Always drove Alfa's and Fiats.  Does being married to an Italian count?

75422[/snapback]

did you test ride the Thruxton? was the power simply to low down the scale even by classic standards?

97 Ford Falcon staion wagon, I don't think they could of sucked the life out of the driving experince any further hate to think what the auto is like. By far the most modern and expensive car I have owned, which gives you a window into the heaps I normally have had. Redeming features it will tow and carries lots of stuff without been a complete barge to drive, excellent for getting supermotard to the track with affiliated gear that goes along with them. I drive 78 series landcruisers for work If I never drive one again it will be too soon, there was no way I was ever going to get a 4wheel drive for everyday.

No my car doesn't match my bike I've actually nick named it the fridge, its a big white box and as intresting to drive as my fridge. Buts thats ok having a average car allows more to be spent on odd brand bikes that no one has heard of.