Alpina spoked wheels

mdude

Got a very swift answer on perfect english from Rossopuro regarding the gorgeous Alpina wheels. Still no news about availability, but Alpina has got huge orders from KTM, Honda and Ducati among others and struggle to keep up.

Rossopuro figured the price would be 1800-2000 euro for a set.

And thats not too bad. They're now on my list...

HTMoto can provide another spoked set of wheels on request, but not tubeless.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what the "cardan" bar does??

Unless I miss my guess, it's that funny draw-out lump of steel that connects the gearbox with the rear drive hub, sometimes called "a driveshaft w/ 2 universal joints innit.."

;)

Me too :bier: Besides if KTM, Honda and Ducati are going to have them :P , then is doesn't belong to a Guzzi' unique character.. :lol:

so. when did classic spoked wheels become a unique Guzzi feature? Or in opposition to the "unique Guzzi character"? just wondering.

yeah, expensive. but not in comparison with other alternatives.

got a link to a picture of the wheels?? I looked on the website and couldn't find a picture.

Does anyone know what the "cardan" bar does??

The cardan bar is above the driveshaft running from the frame to the differential. It's purpose it to hold the angle of the differential constant in relation to the driveshaft during suspension movement.

• 5 months later...

From another thread...

Any more details????

Price?

Delivery time?

Colors?

Cush Drive?

10/02/2007 - ALPINA'S SPOKED WHEELS FOR V11 FINALLY AVAILABLE! ENTER FOR DETAILS.

The collaboration between Rossopuro and Alpina produces the first spoked wheels kit for tubeless pneus, dedicated to all Moto Guzzi V11 models.

The rims are made of aluminum, CNC machined aluminum hubs, inox spokes.

Main feature of this kit is the new Alpina's patented A-System for tubeless wheels. With this new system is now possible to install tubeless tires on spoked wheels, so that speeds higher than 180 km/h are allowed also on spoked wheels.

In the cross and supermotard fields Alpina wheels already reached the highest performances with max safety!

The kit can be bought either in the Rossopuro's colors shown in the picture or choose your own color combination between black, gray, red and gold, both for the rim and hub.

High resistance anodized finish with great looking style.

The wheels could easily be installed from a specialized garage or tire changer.

10/02/2007 - ALPINA'S SPOKED WHEELS FOR V11 FINALLY AVAILABLE! ENTER FOR DETAILS.

The collaboration between Rossopuro and Alpina produces the first spoked wheels kit for tubeless pneus, dedicated to all Moto Guzzi V11 models.

The rims are made of aluminum, CNC machined aluminum hubs, inox spokes.

Main feature of this kit is the new Alpina's patented A-System for tubeless wheels. With this new system is now possible to install tubeless tires on spoked wheels, so that speeds higher than 180 km/h are allowed also on spoked wheels.

In the cross and supermotard fields Alpina wheels already reached the highest performances with max safety!

The kit can be bought either in the Rossopuro's colors shown in the picture or choose your own color combination between black, gray, red and gold, both for the rim and hub.

High resistance anodized finish with great looking style.

The wheels could easily be installed from a specialized garage or tire changer.

Great news !!!

I wonder which color would look best on my Nero Corsa ?

I'm leaning toward either red, grey, or gold for my Rosso Corsa. :grin:

I'd LOVE a set of these, but if its true they're $2800 US dollars I could almost buy a bone stock V11 for a lil but more, it only seems worth it if I had the money to not care about the price. They do look super nice tho. :grin: