Muffler choices

Guest Guest_dlaing

Guest Scura Owner

The FBF mufflers are shorter than the Mistrals (and stock). I find the FBF mufflers louder than the Mistrals. Both have minor problems with proper installation on the left side.

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed a set of Leo Vince ti-ovals on my V11 Sport and offer the following comments. (1) Fit and seal were excellent. Most impressive was the double co-encentric fitting between the cannister and the 12 inch fitment pipe (btwn cannister and crossover) ....the fitment pipe slid between an inner and an outer wall of the double walled cannister pipe. (2) The fitment pipe slid onto the Stucchi crossover MUCH further (about 2 inches as I recall) than did the stock pipe. (3) Left and right mountings were straightforward, simple and evenly spaced. (4) The "Leo Vince" logos were NOT attached to the cannisters, but were provided with rivets for self mounting. (5) The cannisters are the same length as the originals, however the fitment pipe is longer and increases overall length of the Leos by about 2-3 inches over stock. (6) The sound is like music..slightly louder, much deeper. (7) The double angle endcaps of the stock Guzzi cannisters are a piece of art (to be missed :( ) IMHO. Overall impression of Leo Vince system :D

Guest Guest_Janusz

Joe, disregarding the sound for a minute how does it run? What is the change in a smoothness/ performance area? Do you have/need Power Commander with this combination of Stucci X-over + Leo Vince?

Did you buy directly from Italy or from US distributor?

Of course I forgot the most important benefit!!! Seat of pants dyno indicates a slight hp gain throughout range. Power delivery seems smoother too. Of course these are subjective comments. I bought from discountmotorcycleexhaust.com for about $825. Comparable price at ema.com here in California. I am considereing a PC, but have heard conflicting claims. :helmet:

I also purchased the Leo Vince CF pipes for my LeMans. I also agree that the fit and finish are the best I've seen. Bike has a deep sound, and I am using the stock FI system (no powercommander). Purchased mine from ema-usa.com (were $800 for pair). Very easy to install. May need to adjust idle CO % after you put the pipes on.

Yeah, I have pretty much set my heart on the Leo Vince mufflers as well, but am on the fence regarding the Ti or CF ones. This is purely an aesthetic issue at this point, although I "guess" the CF ones would be a tad more susceptable to damage from passengers, etc...

I think that even though there is a lot of black on the LeMans, including the original cans, either the Ti or CF units would look great. But am unsure.

Anyone have any photos of both the CF and Ti exhausts installed on a LeMans? I especially would like to see what the "silver" Ti cans look like on a LeMans, as I can already sorta guess the CF's by looking at my own bike with the stock black LaFranconi's :rolleyes:

thx :)

al

Guest v11eric
zero cost, 100% improvment in sound with same performance as stock.

Jimjib

I don't hope for you that you will ever need "Original" mufflers they cost a fortune.

Open mufflers give a better sound and improve performance, and the option to really build back to original.

Those pictures show a destroyed muffler :ph34r::ph34r:

oval carboni

Eric

01 V11 Lemans

Guest jimjib

Ruined them?...I don't think so...I just saved them from the trash can.

The modified mufflers look completely stock...nobody would ever know there was a change except the bike now sounds like it should big twin. The sound is not so loud that the cops will hassle you....just a nice rumble.

I think that stock mufflers look the best comparing to all this aftermarket product. I am looking forward that drilled mufflers will be enough sound for me and do not believe even for one minute that performancewise any of these aftermarket jobs will improve anything.

Maybe 30 yrs ago that was the case but certainly not today.

I would like to see even one person who changed to aftermarket mufflers and then WENT BACK to stock. Thats silly.

Guest jimjib

Thats why I decided to fart around with them....they look great and it seemed a shame to stack them in the corner along with the....mvf4 pipes, 1100gs pipes...hayabusa pipes....ktm pipes.....and on and on.

...one thing TO consider about aftermarket pipes and whether or not to keep/preserve the OEM units...

Believe it or not, if you ever want to do some "track days" and take courses, some tracks do not allow aftermarket or modified cans(over 80-90db). Case in point, Laguna Seca here in CA, which has 2 days of the year that allow "race cans"...that's it.

So, if your dream track or perfect instructional course happens to be one of these types of tracks, you'll need to be able to return your exhausts to stock to ride the track. It depends on the track and other factors of course, and it's not a big enough deal to dictate your decision, but just something to be aware of...

al