Muffler choices

Guest Guest_dlaing

....yep, but they don't offer a full system for any of the 2V and new bikes, such as the V11. I don't know why they offer(ed?) a "full system" for the Daytona and Centauro, except that maybe the 4-valve engines' OEM headers weren't compatible with their exhaust slip-ons, crossovers, or perhaps ideal for performance :huh2: I dunno.

But all the 2V engine offerings are just slip-on mufflers.... even from Staintune.

al

• 11 months later...

For anyone in south UK I spoke with the guys at Motomecca in Ferndown last week. They have opened a service business, Moto Corsa, and in the new year they will start a tie up with a local dyno business, so they will be able to fit a new exhaust and dyno it - they reckon on needing the bike for most of the day. They carry Mistral stock - don't know yet if they can source others, but I will be following up in the new year once the dyno is up and running.

....yep, but they don't offer a full system for any of the 2V and new bikes, such as the V11.  I don't know why they offer(ed?) a "full system" for the Daytona and Centauro, except that maybe the 4-valve engines'  OEM headers weren't compatible with their exhaust slip-ons, crossovers, or perhaps ideal for performance  :huh2:    I dunno.

15631[/snapback]

The reason the 4v engines had full systems was because the "colostomy bag" x-overs were found to be a major stumbling block in extracting [extraction?] performance. Once you're going to the extent of replacing the x-over AND the cans, you might as well toss in new headers as well... ;)

It's interesting that the Griso is using a 2->1 exhaust that looks very much like a derivative of Enzo's, except for which side it is on. [A result of perhaps deeper thought on the engineering front; doesn't the rt.-hand cylinder fire first? Ergo, the rt. hand side has a 90deg lead over the left, and should have the longer header for proper flow perf. I'd really like to see a dyno-run comparison between Enzo's pipes and a Griso-pipe on the same engine; I suspect that Enzo's extremely flat torque curve would not be found on the Griso-type, but that the peak hp would be higher for the latter pipe. But that's all just guesstimication...]

Whee! This is all good propellerhead fun...

:luigi:

You guys are getting me rev'd up! Just ordered the Stucchi x-over today and was going to try and wait on the cans until the check book caught up...but... :luigi:

I like the looks of all those mufflers including the stock ones I had. I was after HORSEPOWER and I didn't find any that would deliver,so I made a test coupling and tuned my own using different type/lenth baffles straight through to fit my riding. Since I stay up in the 4500 to 7500 rpm range, mine are loud. If there is anyone near my area that wants to run thier slightly modified goose against mine and/or test ride mine, e me. My pipes are kinda ugly, but they work good.

I bought and borrowed a buch of baffles and ended up with a short one on the inlet and a short/wrapped one on the outlet. the pics are in the thread titled "air ram"

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if Leo Vince still makes cans for V11's.I went to the US site and on the scroll down menu to choose your bike, the Guzzi aren't listed ! WTF!!

Thanks

mznyc :mg:

Guest geno929

I love my Fast By Ferracci Carbon Ovals! They sound sweet, especially on decelleration! $715.00 total, delivered! Easy instalation and great sound! Good Luck!

Does anyone know if Leo Vince still makes cans for V11's.I went to the US site and on the scroll down menu to choose your bike, the Guzzi aren't listed ! WTF!!

Thanks

mznyc :mg:

Those cans were discontinued about 2 years ago, maybe 3 sorry,

As for the FBF can's they've gone up a solid $100 since I gottem for like 645 I think it was, better gettem while they are still affordable otherwise Mistrals are near identical. :huh2:

Guest drknow

BOS makes beautiful exhausts that make very good hp from what I hear. They are available from Dynotec in Germany.

Also, the Bubs do fit, as you can see in my avatar.

dk