Stucchi chain tensioner

raz

My engine makes much less noise now that I've tuned it, which maybe lessens the rattle a bit. It's still a horrible sound at times though so I started to look for this Stucchi tensioner I read about here.

Is this the right one for an 1100? It doesn't look that hard to me... Of course I could ask the seller but I don't trust sales persons :moon:

http://www.sd-tec.de/catalog/advanced_sear...erkettenspanner

http://www.sd-tec.de/catalog/product_info....roducts_id/1128

200011071.jpg

Price is just € 15 compared to € 75 for the OEM. Is this the harder one some of you talk about?

Also, anyone feeling compelled to stop me still have the chance. I understand some think Stucchis are too hard, but I don't think my current far too weak one is that much better.

Guest Nogbad

For E15 it can't do any harm to try one. If it doesn't cure the noise you can always go back to stock.

My engine makes much less noise now that I've tuned it, which maybe lessens the rattle a bit. It's still a horrible sound at times though so I started to look for this Stucchi tensioner I read about here.

Is this the right one for an 1100? It doesn't look that hard to me... Of course I could ask the seller but I don't trust sales persons :moon:

http://www.sd-tec.de/catalog/advanced_sear...erkettenspanner

http://www.sd-tec.de/catalog/product_info....roducts_id/1128

200011071.jpg

Price is just € 15 compared to € 75 for the OEM. Is this the harder one some of you talk about?

Also, anyone feeling compelled to stop me still have the chance. I understand some think Stucchis are too hard, but I don't think my current far too weak one is that much better.

Is this suitable for the 1100 ? That's a question that hs to be answered as well

well pete, they think the spring is to strong, so the tensioner wears to quick, and without it's strong enough.

Just yesterday I figured that I could put a 1200 sport oilpump in my bike, until I found out that it has different mounting, and a bearing in the engine block.:-( After I found out, I rememberd that I did know that before:-)

After I found out, I rememberd that I did know that before

LOL, I know exactly how you felt :P

I'll order the tensioner. If that doesn't mute the ringing noise, I'll order a Norge too -_- but I will keep the Sport :wub:

For E15 it can't do any harm to try one. If it doesn't cure the noise you can always go back to stock.

It seems the p&p exceeds the price for the tensioner, plus there is a low-order fee of € 10 for orders below € 25 so I "had" to order an italian flag too just to get something for the money :doh: . It ended up as $ 58 including p&p, taxes and the flag -_- whatever that is in Euros. Something like € 45. It's still a lot cheaper than just the cost of the OEM alone.

It seems the p&p exceeds the price for the tensioner, plus there is a low-order fee of € 10 for orders below € 25 so I "had" to order an italian flag too just to get something for the money :doh: . It ended up as $ 58 including p&p, taxes and the flag -_- whatever that is in Euros. Something like € 45. It's still a lot cheaper than just the cost of the OEM alone.

Yes, it is the stucchi tensioner. It's a good part.

If your bike has covered more than 50 000 km on the clock, you should change the chain too. Then forget it for the next 100 000 km.

Yes, it is the stucchi tensioner. It's a good part.

If your bike has covered more than 50 000 km on the clock, you should change the chain too. Then forget it for the next 100 000 km.

It has about 44,000 kms. Is it sane to change chain without changing gears? If I change chain and gears the original tensioner will probably suffice, but it will cost me heaps of money I guess.

Unless the sprockets are horribly hooked, (Unlikely at that mileage.) they will be fine with a new chain. The sprockets are poisonously expensive. Good thing they last a L-O-N-G time :grin:

Pete