brake shudder

FASTFREDDY

I assume it's the front brakes that are giving the problems.

Check the discs for warpage, possibly caused by overheating. A good way to tell is look for any discolourations (blueing). More accurate method is using a dial gauge to check for Flatness....is that a word??

Also check to make sure the caliper and disk fasteners are tightened to the appropiate torque specs.

Hope that helps a bit.

Raceboy

The rotors are "semi-floating." Which means they semi "do not" float. Lubricate the buttons with a penetrating oil like Break-Free CLP and tap the rotor around a bit with a mallet. Wipe off any excess oil and see if the shuddering doesn't improve.

Consider , also, cleaning the pads with a good brake cleaner and bleed the system well.

+1

This is what worked for me. I used a square plumbing tool to rotate the buttons when I lubricated them. Check them all.

The rotors are "semi-floating." Which means they semi "do not" float. Lubricate the buttons with a penetrating oil like Break-Free CLP and tap the rotor around a bit with a mallet. Wipe off any excess oil and see if the shuddering doesn't improve.

Consider , also, cleaning the pads with a good brake cleaner and bleed the system well.