Removing Oxygen Sensor

I am wondering about removing the airbox and adding K&N filters and was curious to know about what to do with the O2 sensor. Can it be blocked off, removed or relocated or can it be fooled into giving viable readings. I hope Al and the rest of the scientists can fill me in on this one!

Sure you mean the O2 sensor mounted on the exhaust?

Changing the inlet side is not going to affect it.

Or do you mean air pressure sensor ( inside the ECU on the V11 ) but external on the Centauro. I think just letting it vent to atmosphere is ok.

I am talking about the air sensor on the airbox. I may be confused now because I have been looking at both the V11 and V10. There is a sensor that leads into the airbox on one of them. I'll have to go to the shop tomorrow and check it out.

Aside from that I do have a Stucchi crossover on my V11 and it has an input for an O2 sensor but it is blocked off right now.

Guest Brian Robson

I know the sensor you mean, and I think Al and the other pod people :D just put it somewhere under the tank away from the cylinders.

Thankyou. I don't know if i really want to change the system but I am glad that I remeber seeing it on the V11 as well as the V10!

How goes the riding with this wonderful outflow, Brian? I was going to test out the MY15M on ny V11 this weekend but it is a little slippery out here in Harrison lately!!

There should be 2 sensors on the induction side........ temp and pressure. The temp sensor can probably live outside the induction system, but it may have the potential to give too high a reading in a rapid restart situation after sitting above a hot engine for a number of minutes.

The induction pressure sensor will throw an inaccurate value for certain, if it lives outside the induction system. I don't care how great those "pod" filters are supposed to be, there will be a depression inside vs outside, and the amount of difference will correspond to the throttle position. This can't be good for drivability.

Guest Brian Robson
How goes the riding with this wonderful outflow, Brian? I was going to test out the MY15M on ny V11 this weekend but it is a little slippery out here in Harrison lately!!

40142[/snapback]

Its a little cold, but the roads are dry, so the tyres still grip. I went out to Mission the other day and realised quickly why the bike started to increase speed as the brakes were applied....icey!! :bike::bike:

Saw Steve.G the other day getting my battery and alternator checked out...the original battery with 72,000Km still as good as new :drink:

I don't care how great those "pod" filters are supposed to be, there will be a depression inside vs outside, and the amount of difference will correspond to the throttle position.  This can't be good for drivability.

40145[/snapback]

I am thinking similar thoughts. I wish there was room to make a bigger airbox because I appreciate how the system is all linked together but there seems to be so much restriction in the stock setup. I am going to brainstorm my bike when I get working on it next and see if there is a way to make a bigger, more breathable airbox! I just happen to have a friend staying in town for a couple of weeks who knows how to mold carbon fibre.......

...realised quickly why the bike started to increase speed as the brakes were applied....icey!!

Saw Steve.G the other day ...

40148[/snapback]

I was riding the V10 yesterday and I found the same thing. I put it in a bit of a broadslide at about 70 kph then had to hang on tight when it found some traction (no steering damper - whoa!). Still couldn't stop smiling though.

Hope to hook up with you and Steve at or near the bike show for a Guinness or two. I'll try and keep a couple of cold ones under my MGS on display!!!!