Motor Nirvana

jimbemotumbo

New guy here. My V11 came with K&N pods and a PCIII in the box (not installed) ... all else was stock. Ran pretty well, but had the usual stumbling idle and a vast dead zone at mid rpms. I wanted a bit more power & bought the bike cheaply enough to warrant immediate mods. The goal was getting the best power delivery possible and secondarily a little more HP/TQ. Was not interested in fancy valve jobs, hi-comp pistons and the like.

There are many threads on mufflers, X-overs, filters, etc., but I installed one at a time and tried various combos. No dyno, but I had the SOP meter plugged in. I thought forum members might want to know the results of such a scientific approach ;-)

K&Ns alone: No difference in performance. More honk.

PCIII and K&Ns: No change in performance. Less stumbling.

Stucchi X alone and with PCIII: Good linear pull. Nothing else.

M4 cans: Sounds great!!!! Seemed like it had just a little more power. Probably just the sound!

K&Ns w/ X over: Noticable increase in TQ, probably little to no HP improvement. PCIII added to these make for a nice smooth ride.

All the above: Wow! Great power delivery & fabulous sound. Runs a little rough here and there but huge improvement overall.

New map: Found a map on Guzzi Tech that matches my mods almost exactly (Thanks Todd). WOO HOO!!! Amazing difference. Did I mention the sound? I am very happy.

Wish I had a dyno to document all this. Obviously, each mod offers little improvement by themselves, but together the performance and driveability really gel.

Hope this helps any of you who are considering any of these mods.

Now to sort out the suspenders ...

New map: Found a map on Guzzi Tech that matches my mods almost exactly (Thanks Todd). WOO HOO!!! Amazing difference.

My pleasure Jim... thank(s to) whomever supplied the map.

Enjoy,

ToddGuzziTech.com

Dang Jaap! 90 HP! I may go to the Pods after all.

What do the three lines on the dyno graph indicate.

Stock, Modified, and Modified plus PCIII???

Note that you guys do have different mufflers...Mistrals and M4s, but I sure the power is pretty similar.

I have got to get me one of those Stucchi crossovers!

:D Antonio, did you?

On Easter sunday Paul and I will leave for Ledenon, a racing circuit in the south of France. Together with a dozen other (mostly German) Guzzis. we will ride for 3 full days. Hopefully these 3 days on the circuit will produce some nice pics for future generations :)