Carbon fiber or alloy alternator cover

rocketman

Has anyone tried the CF Alt cover? How is it holding up? Seems like it would take a beating and end up looking crappy. I just installed a CF instrument plate and I am digging the look. I want to replace my alt cover too. The alloy cover may be the better choice in the long haul. I also want to add some more spice to the cockpit. I'm not wild about the black top tripple tree. I love the top tripple tree on the Daytona. Who makes an alloy replacement that fits the stock clip ons (04 LeMans)? Rossapura's webpage shows this one on the web shop page but it doesn't show up when you go in further to look at the details of each item.

Rocketman

carbon_day_alt_cover.jpgtoptrippletree.jpg

Has anyone tried the CF Alt cover?  How is it holding up?  Seems like it would take a beating and end up looking crappy.  I just installed a CF instrument plate and I am digging the look.  I want to replace my alt cover too.  The alloy cover may be the better choice in the long haul.  I also want to add some more spice to the cockpit.  I'm not wild about the black top tripple tree.  I love the top tripple tree on the Daytona.  Who makes an alloy replacement that fits the stock clip ons (04 LeMans)?  Rossapura's webpage shows this one on the web shop page but it doesn't show up when you go in further to look at the details of each item.

Rocketman

carbon_day_alt_cover.jpgtoptrippletree.jpg

89989[/snapback]

I sent an email to Rossopuro asking if that triple tree would fit the Ohlins forks, but I did not receive an answer. It looks very trick.

Guest MikeC

I sent them an email as well regarding the guards with the slider and no reponse.

Has anyone emailed them and received a reply, if so how long did it take.

Mike

I sent them an email as well regarding the guards with the slider and no reponse.

Has anyone emailed them and received a reply, if so how long did it take.

Mike

90019[/snapback]

Me too, no response yet. :huh2:

I have carbon fiber mufflers & rear fender. Probably don't get the abuse that a front cover would but the finish has held up nicely.

Not all CF is created equal.

The CF on the Aprilia Mille Rs, for example, does not stand up to UV exposure. We have a couple at the shop that are so white-powdery looking from sitting in the sun that they're virtually unsellable.

The Guzzi CF stuff seems to hold up better. Aftermarket stuff is an unknown.

I'm gonna try a carbon altenator cover 'cause the silver one always looks crappy 'cause it rains so much here. The checkerbpard pattern of the carbon helps mask the fact that on my bikes it is always dirty.

I'm gonna try a carbon altenator cover 'cause the silver one always looks crappy 'cause it rains so much here. The checkerbpard pattern of the carbon helps mask the fact that on my bikes it is always dirty.

90023[/snapback]

Hi Greg,

no doubt that the CF altenator cover looks the tits, but how will it look after, i.e. 6 months? My alloy cover looks like shite after only 20.000 clicks. Too much gravel and dirt on Danish roads makes the cover look sinister, unfortunately.

But CF sure looks dishy, so maybe I should apply for a cover as well.......what a sad plonker I am :P

Søren

Hi Greg,

no doubt that the CF altenator cover looks the tits, but how will it look after, i.e. 6 months? My alloy cover looks like shite after only 20.000 clicks. Too much gravel and dirt on Danish roads makes the cover look sinister, unfortunately.

But CF sure looks dishy, so maybe I should apply for a cover as well.......what a sad plonker I am  :P

Søren

90042[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm worried about how it will hold up. Someone's gotta be the guinea pig, though, so I guess it'll be me.

Yeah, I'm worried about how it will hold up. Someone's gotta be the guinea pig, though, so I guess it'll be me.

90104[/snapback]

Greg,

MG Cycle sells it for $138.95. How much can you get it for?

Rocketman

mgcfalt.JPG

....I also want to add some more spice to the cockpit.  I'm not wild about the black top tripple tree.  I love the top tripple tree on the Daytona.  Who makes an alloy replacement that fits the stock clip ons ....

Come on...

If it's same as Scura one just strip off black paint (A bit of sticky tape'll mostly do it - paint adhesion's crap), clean up the casting marks & edges; polish - et voila: polished ally top yoke!

Will tonti alt covers fit V11? bare ally'll polish up well after years of abuse - they say it's better quality....

KB :sun:

Come on...

If it's same as Scura one just strip off black paint (A bit of sticky tape'll mostly do it - paint adhesion's crap), clean up the casting marks & edges; polish - et voila: polished ally top yoke!

Will tonti alt covers fit V11? bare ally'll polish up well after years of abuse - they say it's better quality....

KB :sun:

90208[/snapback]

Great idea. That makes you Baldini the Great. I never thought of it. Do you think this could be done without removing it? Is the stock tripple tree cast aluminum?

Rocketman